C Alan Lyszczarczyk - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2016 undrafted)

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
Right wing polish born prospect playing on the basement Sudbury Wolves team. He and Sokolov are good prospects for this draft and I believe that both of them are more skilled than the points suggest, especially Sokolov.

I forsee them both being picked and could be very good picks for NHL teams in the later rounds.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I'm excited to follow his career. Right now the only Polish born players that have really made an impact were Mariusz Czerkawski and Wojtek Wolski.

PeterCheater

Feb 22, 2014
I'm excited to follow his career. Right now the only Polish born players that have really made an impact were Mariusz Czerkawski and Wojtek Wolski.
Yeah, but it's still unknown whether Łyszczarczyk would like to play in Polish NT. I don't think he will be as good as he should be to play in Rep. Czech NT (and in Poland he will be the biggest star in a future), but this option was and I gues still is discussed.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Yeah, but it's still unknown whether Łyszczarczyk would like to play in Polish NT. I don't think he will be as good as he should be to play in Rep. Czech NT (and in Poland he will be the biggest star in a future), but this option was and I gues still is discussed.

He wanted to play with the Polish U-20 team earlier in the year but Sudbury wouldn't release him.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Has it been confirmed he was born in Poland? Eliteprospects has his place of birth as New Jersey, which honestly is odd as his father, who was born in Poland, was playing in Poland that year, and indeed never outside there. Not sure why his kid would have been born in the US then. Would be nice if Alan is actually Polish-born though.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Has it been confirmed he was born in Poland? Eliteprospects has his place of birth as New Jersey, which honestly is odd as his father, who was born in Poland, was playing in Poland that year, and indeed never outside there. Not sure why his kid would have been born in the US then. Would be nice if Alan is actually Polish-born though.

Don't think so. Both hockeydb, and the OHL homepage also list New Jersey as his birthplace.

All I know is that, as already mentioned in this thread, he wanted to play for Poland's U20, and I remember reading an interview with him in Polish media where he talked about Team Poland's performance at the Division 1A WC. Seemed to be informed about hockey in Poland.

Would be great to finally have another Polish NHLer - born in Poland or not, he seems to consider himself "Polish" at least.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Don't think so. Both hockeydb, and the OHL homepage also list New Jersey as his birthplace.

All I know is that, as already mentioned in this thread, he wanted to play for Poland's U20, and I remember reading an interview with him in Polish media where he talked about Team Poland's performance at the Division 1A WC. Seemed to be informed about hockey in Poland.

Would be great to finally have another Polish NHLer - born in Poland or not, he seems to consider himself "Polish" at least.

True, he seems about as Polish as one can be (even if he wasn't born over there, which I'm curious as to the explanation), and its too bad Sudbury didn't allow him to join Poland at the World Juniors (thought they had to release them, but as that whole issue made clear, there are ways around that ). Either way it will definitely help Polish hockey to have him even drafted, and hopefully make the NHL.

NylanderBros

Jun 22, 2014
Sudbury, Ont
Watched him tonight, just never stands out to me even though most of the time any Wolves player does. Sucks having season tickets to the worst team in the OHL..

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Lyszczarczyk just finished playing with Poland at the U18 Division IIA in Romania. Poland dominated this tournament, averaging more than 8 goals per game (second-place Romania still has a game left, but was at 5 per game), while only allowing 8 goals against total. Lyszcarczyk himself finished in a tie for first in scoring (with two other Polish players), with 12 points (2 goals, 10 assists). And reports from people watching the games were that, at least initially, he started on the second line for Poland; not sure if he stayed there the entire tournament, as I didn't get a chance to watch, but its possible.

Granted it probably doesn't to anything for his draft position to beat up on teams from Croatia and Romania, and anything less than finishing first in scoring would probably be bad for Lyszczarczyk. However this tournament does tie him to Poland internationally now (unless he wants to skip the next four years), and he is apparently on the entry list for Poland at the senior World Championship Division IA tournament that starts in a couple weeks. Now whether he is on the final roster or not is a different question, but if he does play there it may certainly help him out.

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
I've been excited that a Polish prospect has been doing well. He's been a bright spot for Sudbury this year. Hopefully he makes the men's team and plays in the worlds even if it is IA, it will still be a great experience for him, and hopefully he does very well next year in the OHL

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
Any update on this guy's chance at getting drafted this year? Seems stuck playing on a semi-poor Sudbury team. What is his projection looking like?

I know the Leafs invited him to camp, so there must be something someone sees here.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad