C Aidan Dudas - Owen Sound Attack, OHL (2018, 113th, LAK)

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
How the hell did Dudas not get his own thread until now?

I'm really high on the kid. I hadn't heard of him until the prospect game (which he initially wasn't supposed to attend) and was blown away when he was the best player there. I've been paying attention to him ever since and he's very high in my rankings. Definitely higher than most would have him. He's a very quick thinker, high hockey IQ, can out-maneuver guys around him, and has a release that's similar to DeBrincat. I wouldn't be surprised to see him put up around 90 points next season.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
I've got him ranked early 2nd, his skill, tenacity and skating make me think he can be a 2/3rd liner in the NHL and a relentless player at that

Reactions: 99664987

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Do Kings fans project him as an NHL'er? Usually players on winning Canadian WJC teams eventually become NHL'ers, but for a smaller forward, he doesn't have the best OHL production and he has very little hype surrounding him.

PumperNichol

Sep 2, 2007
Do Kings fans project him as an NHL'er? Usually players on winning Canadian WJC teams eventually become NHL'ers, but for a smaller forward, he doesn't have the best OHL production and he has very little hype surrounding him.

It's going to take a season in Ontario to get a better idea of his potential. Kings staff absolutely love his grit, work ethic, and team first attitude but, it's hard to imagine him in a checking role at his size. So, with fairly average offensive stats to this point we're extremely curious to see what his role will be next season.

He's behind Vilardi, Turcotte, Kupari, Kaliyev, Madden, Thomas, Dolan, Fagemo and probably others on the forward depth chart. That's another reason there's not much hype about him.

Personally, I hope he finds a role because I've read nothing but great things about him. Even at his size and draft position the Hunter brothers knew there was something special about him and knew he could help them win the 2020 World Junior Championship.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Keep an eye on this kid, he's opening some eyes right now for those who have been watching our kids currently training in Germany. He could Lizotte his way onto the roster this year.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Anyone have any insight on this kid and his future?

Always thought he had a really good shot at being a bottom-6 player, how has he progressed and is he held in high regard by Kings brass?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Anyone have any insight on this kid and his future?

Always thought he had a really good shot at being a bottom-6 player, how has he progressed and is he held in high regard by Kings brass?

He's a good soldier and has developed well. More than a little surprised he hasn't even gotten a callup from the Kings for bottom six duty/a paycheck but the problem is the Kings have TONS of just-a-guys and small checkers and an absolute ton of prospects in front of him at all roles. Unless he takes a big leap this year--a tall order given LA's farm system in front of him--I can't imagine he's got much of a future left in LA after this contract ends next year, he'll no longer be waivers exempt and be due a new contract, imagine he'll try to get a shot with another NHL club before going off to europe.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad