Byron Froese

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
What do people think of this guy?

I think he's a fourth line centre in the NHL at best... and not a good one. He's more of a fourth-line C on a bad team (like the Leafs this season) or an AHL call-up...

One goal in 40 games, four points and the worst plus/minus on the team. I hope he's not back next season. Would be better to have a younger player take his spot.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
He's young, scored at lower levels, and can win faceoffs. Good guy for a rebuild.

Placeholder for Freddy the Goat.

He's more of a fourth-line C on a bad team (like the Leafs this season) or an AHL call-up...

Yup and yup.
One goal in 40 games, four points and the worst plus/minus on the team. I hope he's not back next season. Would be better to have a younger player take his spot.

He's just 24 himself.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
for $500,000 what do you expect? id say there is a reasonable chance he is back next year given his cap hit. he is serviceable for what he brings.

i suspect his ice time will be reduced when the rest of the team is better

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
I don't expect more than he's providing. I also think he doesn't bring anything to the table that a younger plays can't bring. I don't see the point in having him back. Would be better to have him play for the Marlies.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I would rather we had Leivo or one of the better Marlies instead

He is/was one of the better Marlies, he was the top producing Marlie on a PPG basis last year & had 3 G in 4 games before being called up this year.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
dubas was his agent, thats all you really need to know.

still he was quite effective on the marlies and is a servicable 4c - I would rather Leivo or whoever else suggested play top 6 minutes with the marlies

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I think he's and adequate 4c. Good on face-offs, good on PK, and doesn't make many glaring errors.
Gauthier will eventually replace him. For now though, he's fine. I have no issue with him.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
He's a player that everyone on the Marlies can look at and model part of their games after. He works hard and was rewarded with an extended shot in the bigs. He's only 24 and having him on the Leafs allows for a younger guy like Gauthier to work on his game in the AHL. He isnt a major player for the Leafs but hes still an important part of committing to a team "rebuild" or whatever we're calling it this week.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
What do people think of this guy?

I think he's a fourth line centre in the NHL at best... and not a good one. He's more of a fourth-line C on a bad team (like the Leafs this season) or an AHL call-up...

In the same tier as a Daryl Boyce. He certainly not a detriment to the 4th-line, but he's nothing more than a bottom six player

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Why are people discussing Nylander?

One person said Nylander's name, so this is now a Nylander thread. And, like a popcorn kernel, if you try to change it you will only make it worse.

narc.png

I think Nylander starts on the 2nd line next season, personally. That is assuming, of course, that there is a big difference between line 2 and 3. There may not be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad