Byram vs Drysdale

Who would you take?

• Total voters

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Consensus seems to be that Drysdale is the top defenceman available in this draft. Byram was the first defenceman taken last year. Who in your opinion is the better prospect?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pre-draft, it's very close. I'll take Drysdale slightly but clearly. I think he's better in all the major tools. Byram is bigger. Thats not enough to make up the gap.

Reactions: Dominance

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
If you’re looking on draft day I think Byram would be the majority pick but it’s really not a fair fight. Byram really rose in pedigree with his crazy end of season and (especially) playoffs last year which Drysdale did not get the chance to do.

I think Byram would go 4th in this draft with Drysdale 5-6th so they are a similar level of prospect.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
When they were both on the same team in the WJC, Drysdale looked better despite being a year younger.

It’s easily Drysdale for me. I’ve never been impressed by Byram..he just doesn’t have the IQ to think the game at a high level. It’s apparent in the WHL and it’s going to be even more apparent in the NHL.

Drysdale is very good in pretty much every facet of the game. Whoever ends up with him is going to be very happy.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
When they were both on the same team in the WJC, Drysdale looked better despite being a year younger.

It’s easily Drysdale for me. I’ve never been impressed by Byram..he just doesn’t have the IQ to think the game at a high level. It’s apparent in the WHL and it’s going to be even more apparent in the NHL.

Drysdale is very good in pretty much every facet of the game. Whoever ends up with him is going to be very happy.

I think Drysdale probably should win this poll given Byram’s slow start in the dub this year.

But, just in terms of the bolded, Byram was Canada’s shutdown defenceman in that tournament, so I wouldn’t diminish what he did there.

His IQ is also one of his best attributes, though he’s not as good of a skater as Drysdale.

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

The next nice thing you say about an Avs player will be the first.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Drysdale is a much better skater, but I prefer Byram's upside. Drysdale supports offense extremely well; Byram creates it for himself.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think at draft time it would be close, probably Byram by a hiar after the playoff run he had. But he didnt hit the level people expected this year in the WHL after his draft year and Drysdale has been touted for a long time. If this past season was Byrams draft year, Drysdale is going ahead of him. I think Drysdale looked like a complete stud by the end of the World Juniors and impressed me more than Byram this year as well

I'll take Drysdale by a hair

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I don't think either will be a top pairing defenceman on a team with decent D, but of the two, I like Drysdale's potential more.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Seems like Drysdale is the only player that has somehow managed to continue generating more hype despite not playing a game for 4-5months.

Very strange.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Both are guaranteed locks to be better than Fox.
No not really. Fox has had an insane rookie year that slipped under the radar.
upload_2020-7-13_9-28-53.png

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
i don't know, tough to say. Two pretty good prospects. If I were looking at it from the Leafs perspective, I'd love to have either. One offers a little more size which would be great for the Leafs, and the other is a right shot. I'm pretty split on it. I chose Byram, but that's by no means an easy answer for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad