• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
i agree, id rather see everyone in here put on their blindfolds and pom poms and pretend we dont have serious issues with this defensive corps on this team and then be all surprised when we get freight trained in the playoffs again.

"Freight trained". They lost in 7 to the Devils, scored the same amount of goals as the Devils in the series and were 1 goal away from taking a 3-0 lead in the series. Miserable fans like you make this board unbearable.

Not everyone sucks on Vegas. Just Brett Howden.

I'm talking about record wise, should I change the post it would have the same exact meaning I promise.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
PPs can go cold, or not get their opportunities to shine. We’ve seen it happen in the playoffs before. 5 on 5 is guaranteed to be there, and if you can outplay your opponents in it then you don’t need to count on a PP cashing in at a high rate. If the PP slows to 15% (which can easily happen when teams tighten up and play the same team in the playoffs) and let’s say you get 3 PPs a game, then that’s less than a PP goal every 2 games. Risky business in a 7 game series

Reactions: tlk

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Who cares, gave Igor time to shine in OT making some amazing saves and giving the crowd and fans some nice moments and the OT goal was much more exciting than winning in regulation, idk what you're talking about. They also played the Oilers yesterday in a rough game for 2 periods before getting dominated.
This might have been the best thing to happen to Igor.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
PPs can go cold, or not get their opportunities to shine. We’ve seen it happen in the playoffs before. 5 on 5 is guaranteed to be there, and if you can outplay your opponents in it then you don’t need to count on a PP cashing in at a high rate. If the PP slows to 15% (which can easily happen when teams tighten up and play the same team in the playoffs) and let’s say you get 3 PPs a game, then that’s less than a PP goal every 2 games. Risky business in a 7 game series

While the opportunities argument I agree with, 5 on 5 can cool down just as much if not more.

Reactions: egelband

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Somehow we won game 1 5-1 where the Devils scored their only goal on a penalty shot in garbage time because of the goalie. Oh and Vanacek suck thatxs the Devils weakness. A goalie is part of the team.
A very important part. It's just an excuse some use to make their point.

C'mon guys, it's Christmas.
You started this.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think we need to make some improvements which is a pretty cold take.

I can't believe we're still arguing over whether or not we played well against the Devils. We lost. We lost for a reason. We should make some upgrades to give ourselves a chance.

It doesn't mean the team is hopelessly bad.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad