• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I'm just gonna throw this down: we're not winning the Stanley Cup.

This is about a core of young guys and doubted veterans making a massive statement that they can handle playoff hockey.

From here, we just have fun.
Odds are that's probably true. But, everyone said the same exact thing before the Rangers made their run to the Stanley Cup Final in 2014. That they weren't ready, they aren't going to get past team X or Y. They should have sold at the deadline. They're just getting experience for McDonagh, Kreider, Stepan etc. And then they went on to the Stanley Cup Final and then won the President's Trophy the next season and got to the Conference Final and were one win away from back-to-back Cup Final appearances. And then their window collapsed as quickly as it opened.

So, we don't know what's going to happen. IMO, there's literally no point in having Zibanejad, Kreider, Panarin, Copp, or Trouba if the goal here is to simply gain experience. They're here to win the Cup. This team has a legitimate shot and IMO they're a better team than 2014 and 2015. The goal should be to win the Cup until it's time to strip it down and rebuild again. You don't know when your window will present itself or close itself.

I feel this is an advantage to Lafreniere, Kakko, Fox, Miller, Schneider, Shesterkin, etc. Is that they are growing in a winning environment where winning is the expectation. Unlike typical rebuilds where teams are perennial gutter teams.

It's my opinion that the team is ready now. And they should strive to continue being ready for a few years. This leadership core won't be around long. The young guys will be here long enough for more than one iteration of a contender like Kreider has been. But Kreider, Zibanejad, Panarin, Copp... they won't be.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Odds are that's probably true. But, everyone said the same exact thing before the Rangers made their run to the Stanley Cup Final in 2014. That they weren't ready, they aren't going to get past team X or Y. They should have sold at the deadline. They're just getting experience for McDonagh, Kreider, Stepan etc. And then they went on to the Stanley Cup Final and then won the President's Trophy the next season and got to the Conference Final and were one win away from back-to-back Cup Final appearances. And then their window collapsed as quickly as it opened.

So, we don't know what's going to happen. IMO, there's literally no point in having Zibanejad, Kreider, Panarin, Copp, or Trouba if the goal here is to simply gain experience. They're here to win the Cup. This team has a legitimate shot and IMO they're a better team than 2014 and 2015. The goal should be to win the Cup until it's time to strip it down and rebuild again. You don't know when your window will present itself or close itself.

I feel this is an advantage to Lafreniere, Kakko, Fox, Miller, Schneider, Shesterkin, etc. Is that they are growing in a winning environment where winning is the expectation. Unlike typical rebuilds where teams are perennial gutter teams.

It's my opinion that the team is ready now. And they should strive to continue being ready for a few years. This leadership core won't be around long. The young guys will be here long enough for more than one iteration of a contender like Kreider has been. But Kreider, Zibanejad, Panarin, Copp... they won't be.
I agree. And I think there's been a little resistance against the kids because of this, even if everybody of course understands it's not the kids fault in any way. The vets know this is their time.

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
FS-fDgWWIAE5lDD

NikC

Oct 7, 2008

3 chances to close out the Rangers and they BLEW IT! Every review going their way for goals against and for...
starting nearly every game with penalties against NY... and it's still not enough!?

The complaints speak volumes the entitlement of this franchise. its nothing new.. but it sure is nauseating

Listen to this nonsense! The fact that these guys played in the NHL and crying about bad calls for a franchise that has been the biggest recipients of favoritism in the recent history of the sport??

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
3 chances to close out the Rangers and they BLEW IT! Every review going their way for goals against and for...
starting nearly every game with penalties against NY... and it's still not enough!?

The complaints speak volumes the entitlement of this franchise. its nothing new.. but it sure is nauseating

Listen to this nonsense! The fact that these guys played in the NHL and crying about bad calls for a franchise that has been the biggest recipients of favoritism in the recent history of the sport??

Just like the team they root for
these guys are pieces of garbage
how do they let biz ( lower case you see, total lack of respect for him ) be on national tv.
I heard crying and sour grapes before but give me a break.
thank you for the laughter that I got from that.
f the penguins

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Damn I didn’t think Biz was such a little bitch. Get over yourself dude it’s hockey. Are you mad we never made a play to put your loser ass on our team?

These guys obviously have a gear to grind with the Rangers other then this playoff series

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
The comments in that YouTube video……so salty I had to watch my blood chemistry levels!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Now that this series over I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were after that first period in game 1? I thought man have they become a good team and they're going to outclass the Pens this series. No way did I see the series being as challenging as it was. I know it was just one period but they were THAT good.

Reactions: tlk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad