Speculation: Buyout Candidates (per Pro Hockey Talk)

Grabner

Feb 22, 2018
Let's add Karl Alzner, 29 but plays like he's 39
upload_2018-6-8_17-44-58.png

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
Seeing Troy Brouwer on there and his stats makes me glad the Blues didn't resign him. The Blues would been suck with him and he be looked at as dead weight too. Jay Boumeester would been on this list if he didn't have surgery, before he went down he it was being talked.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i didn't read the thread but there's one here talking about MTL burning down the team...
Maybe they should sell anyone of value for young assets/picks and take on some of these bad contracts for more assets (and to reach the cap floor if they need it after selling off everyone decent). A team of buyouts. And then watch them pull a Vegas.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Spezza is not getting bought out. Somebody will be willing to take a chance on that contract for 1 year and if not Dallas might have to eat 1-2M and if they were willing to eat 50% they could get decent positive value back

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
That's another good one, especially after he was put on waivers at the deadline. Boy is that deal starting to look like another Forsberg-Erat deal.

Spezza is not getting bought out. Somebody will be willing to take a chance on that contract for 1 year and if not Dallas might have to eat 1-2M and if they were willing to eat 50% they could get decent positive value back

That's probably why they had subtitled Spezza's 'Maybe Wait One More Year' or something like that.

Seeing Troy Brouwer on there and his stats makes me glad the Blues didn't resign him. The Blues would been suck with him and he be looked at as dead weight too. Jay Boumeester would been on this list if he didn't have surgery, before he went down he it was being talked.
Im guessing this was supposed to be "stuck with him" but either way, it's probably true.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Why would the Penguins buy out Hunwick? That's just dumb for a lot of reasons. His contract is way too small to justify buying out, you'd be better off just waiving him and burying him in the AHL. He can also be traded for nothing, similar to the Fehr and a 4th for Corrado deal in 2017.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I don’t think the flyers will buyout Lehtera although I really want them to. I’d rather pay him his full year and hope that Hakstol doesn’t play him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Let's add Karl Alzner, 29 but plays like he's 39
View attachment 124301
Told everybody last year this guy sucks, it would be a shitty contract and the Caps would probably still replace with someone better than him, because he's f***in terrible.

I can't believe GM's still give this kind of a defenseman big money and long term contract. I can't believe there's even this many of them even still under contract to NHL teams.

What about Ryan Callahan?
Probably not.

Pierre McGuire told me he ''Wins you hockey games'' so probably not.

Reactions: Grabner

Alex Mills

Some candidates for consideration: Ennis, Greiss, Hutton, Schlemko

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Probably not.

Pierre McGuire told me he ''Wins you hockey games'' so probably not.

Well Games 4 and 5 of the ECF are proof of that. Also helped seal the Devils fate with his defensive play and EN goal in the last min of that Game 5 of the first round. So Pierre may not be so far-fetched.

Also, he is injured, can’t be bought out. Even if he wasn’t injured would not even be a thought. I expect him to play out his contract in Tampa as long as he continues to remain an effective bottom 6 forward for Tampa. I expect him to do that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well Games 4 and 5 of the ECF are proof of that. Also helped seal the Devils fate with his defensive play and EN goal in the last min of that Game 5 of the first round. So Pierre may not be so far-fetched.
WAT?

You’re gonna tell me the Bolts wouldn’t have beat the Devils if they had someone other than Callahan playing in that spot?

I’m sorry, I have to change my shorts now. Just soiled them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad