Equipment: Buying new Gloves

rhumbot

Mar 21, 2012
I am ordering a pair of skates from hockey monkey. Since my gloves are almost falling appart i decided to get new ones as well from monkey.

Now here is the thing:
ive got a pair of unused warrior gloves. they are unused because they are fitting too loose. so i am looking for a rather tight fit. so far i have only used cheap gloves and have no idea about the more expensive ones. the local stores dont offer any choice of any of the gloves i am considering.

so the question is, which of the higher end gloves would be my best choice? I am looking at a price class of approximatley 100usd. if its worth it, i would even consider the pro stock gloves?

mikitas donut

Flowers of Antimony
Sep 10, 2010
Northern Illinois
The Bauer Vapor line and the Supreme line have snug fits, with the Supremes being the snuggest.

I use Vapors and forget I'm even wearing them. Every model within those lines fit similarly, just the more expensive ones have better protection.

I use to used the 4 Rolls (now called Nexus) and they were loose and always coming off my hands.

Superstar Treatment

Sep 20, 2009
732 Jersey
Starting from the top, the narrow eastons or the RS gloves would be your tighter fitting pro stock gloves that HM offers.

For around 100 in retail gloves, the previous model crazylight glove will fit more contoured in the fingers then open up slightly through the backhand then a bit more in the cuff.

Vapor series gloves also have an anatomical that will form to your hand more than most gloves. Covert gloves are also more anatomical fit.

LarryO

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Have you considered just going down a size? I mean, if you're currently wearing size 14 and they're too big, just try size 13? Sometimes we overlook the obvious.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
It's going to be really embarrassing when you get in a fight and can't get your gloves off. :sarcasm:

rhumbot

Mar 21, 2012
It's going to be really embarrassing when you get in a fight and can't get your gloves off. :sarcasm:
THATS what happened to Ruutu. Now i get it :D

I tried 13in but they are too short.

So: Thank you for your answeres. I have broken the problem down to a decition between Bauer Supreme 80 (The Total One is not available at 14in) and Easton Stealth RS.

From looking at reviews people seem to be happier with the Bauer. The Easton seems to have a fit similar to the vapor line which might be just fine. Their regular price is also much higher than the Supreme 80. Would you say it is correct that i will get mote value when buying the Easton glove?

redbranch

Sep 24, 2007
bridgewater,nj
I had bauer 4 rolls, and I hated them because of how loose they felt. I switched to the easton mako m5's, and got a fit that was much better for me. I like them snug

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad