Buying Komarov Jersey - 2 Questions

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
1) Any chance he switches his number back to 87? I really hope he considers it. Can we get a twitter hash tag trending to encourage him to do it? (#komarovIs87, #real87komarov etc.... )

2) Any chance he get's an A on his jersey with McClement gone? Or should I just buy it and wait to get it stitched on?

Jacob8hockey*

Id just wait till the season starts to remove any risks with his jersey.

I hope he picks 87 too lol

SubyDubyTML

May 13, 2013
Haha i'm glad i'm not the only one who wants a Komarov jersey!:handclap:
If it's any help, I plan on waiting for confirmation on what his number will be.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I haven't got a Leafs jersey in years (way too damn expensive), but am considering getting one of his. :)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Isn't 87 off limits?
I don't see any reason he doesn't wear 47 again.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
#47 was probably given to him because he was a rookie; notice how the Leafs tend to give new-to-NHL players #s in the '40s. A leftover policy of Burkie's not to let rookies take high #s. I'm hoping now they'll let him take whatever he wants, and hopefully that's #87.

I too would like to see him given the 'A' (he wore it in Sochi), but I think it'll go to Robidas.

Avec Fromage*

I would bet that 47 wasn't his choice. Management is all pissy about players taking high numbers. I wouldn't expect him to have 87 this season either.

desperateblue

Jun 17, 2004
Im all for team spirit and all that but imho its kinda weird to wear another guys name on your back.
Maybe you get a pass if its a hof or legend but otherwise meh i dunno.

Just get a blank jersey or put your name on it.
Man crushes arent cool....pass it on lol

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Im all for team spirit and all that but imho its kinda weird to wear another guys name on your back.
Maybe you get a pass if its a hof or legend but otherwise meh i dunno.

Just get a blank jersey or put your name on it.
Man crushes arent cool....pass it on lol

Many people think the opposite though.

A blank jersey looks ghetto and uninteresting, and putting your name on it is a bit cheesy.

Getting a player jersey is just a way to let others know who your favorite player is.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I'm also considering getting a Komarov jersey but gonna wait like most others for confirmation on number, possible A, and I don't know if there's gonna be any jersey changes to the main one or the 3rd, anyone know about that?

Pholus

May 23, 2014
#47 was probably given to him because he was a rookie; notice how the Leafs tend to give new-to-NHL players #s in the '40s. A leftover policy of Burkie's not to let rookies take high #s. I'm hoping now they'll let him take whatever he wants, and hopefully that's #87.

I too would like to see him given the 'A' (he wore it in Sochi), but I think it'll go to Robidas.

Why not both?

Also on a related note, what's the max # of 'A's a team can give out to its players?

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
I would think they wouldn't let him use 87. 47 is likely. I doubt he gets a letter either. Maybe down the line, but not this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad