Buying a jersey

NJDevs430

Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
Okay...here's a stupid question:
When I'm buying a jersey, should I "over-size" it with regard to equipment?
In other words...say I wear an XL shirt - should I go up to a XXL jersey to compenstae for the extra room the equipment (non-goalie), or is that already factored in when they make the jerseys?
}:)>

Headcoach

Mar 29, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
www.passthepuck.net
Okay...here's a stupid question:
When I'm buying a jersey, should I "over-size" it with regard to equipment?
In other words...say I wear an XL shirt - should I go up to a XXL jersey to compenstae for the extra room the equipment (non-goalie), or is that already factored in when they make the jerseys?
}:)>

You buy it to conpensate for the equipment. I suggest XL if you are an adult that will be using equipment and a size L if you are not using equipment.

Head coach

DeputyDan

Jun 25, 2006
Be careful on the mail order ones - Often they use the wrong fonts and are much cheaper "made" than official wear.

The Tourettes Guy

Aug 13, 2005
Sudbury
I have a lot of questions so bare with me. I've never had a jersey before and I desperately want an Oilers one. I've been searching sites all day and noticed that nhl.com and rivercitysports.com have sold out of the home jerseys. I'm on cooljerseys.com right now and they seem to have pretty decent pricing on some of their stuff. Are there really a lot of differences between replica and authentic? Also i'm about 5'6 and weight 150 pounds and i'm of average build. I've noticed that some sites offer small, medium, large, etc etc while others sites have jerseys listed at 46,48,52,56. What sizes should I really look into? Do the jerseys shrink a lot? The reason i'm asking is because here in Sudbury there is practically nowhere to buy nice jerseys. They don't sell anything Edmonton here and I really don't feel like driving all the way to Southern Ontario just to try on a jersey! Any feedback would be really awesome.

Headcoach

Mar 29, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
www.passthepuck.net
I have a lot of questions so bare with me. I've never had a jersey before and I desperately want an Oilers one. I've been searching sites all day and noticed that nhl.com and rivercitysports.com have sold out of the home jerseys. I'm on cooljerseys.com right now and they seem to have pretty decent pricing on some of their stuff. Are there really a lot of differences between replica and authentic? Also i'm about 5'6 and weight 150 pounds and i'm of average build. I've noticed that some sites offer small, medium, large, etc etc while others sites have jerseys listed at 46,48,52,56. What sizes should I really look into? Do the jerseys shrink a lot? The reason i'm asking is because here in Sudbury there is practically nowhere to buy nice jerseys. They don't sell anything Edmonton here and I really don't feel like driving all the way to Southern Ontario just to try on a jersey! Any feedback would be really awesome.

Do yourself a favor, go to the proshop and try one on and see what size fits. That's your best bet. Once you have the size that fits you the way you want it, then and only then, go to the web and order it. This way there will be no mistakes on what size you will need. If you want a game jesery that the players wear go with CCM, they are the offical game jersey manufacture.

Then, if you want all of the stuff put on it, I can get you some pricing on a place that will put all of the bells and whistles on it....letters, names, numbers etc. let me know if you are interested.

Head coach

ModSquad

Jan 26, 2005
www.modsquadhockey.com
Do yourself a favor, go to the proshop and try one on and see what size fits. That's your best bet. Once you have the size that fits you the way you want it, then and only then, go to the web and order it. This way there will be no mistakes on what size you will need. If you want a game jesery that the players wear go with CCM, they are the offical game jersey manufacture.

Then, if you want all of the stuff put on it, I can get you some pricing on a place that will put all of the bells and whistles on it....letters, names, numbers etc. let me know if you are interested.

Head coach

Great advice...have him go to the LHS and shop them to buy it online. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad