Butch-isms Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
"That's the beauty of playing the same team again so soon the...uhhh...the memory banks will be working profoosely."

Funny one . I thought he said it without the letter r. I played it back a few times but it was tough to tell since he is always such a mess . Pofoosely ?

LGI

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York
I noticed last night that he was back to his usual "The Vegas Team" instead of saying the team's actual name. He does this all the time with "the Pittsburgh team," but I hadn't even really noticed it this season until last night.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I guess maybe years later I’d tire of it, but I don’t see how it isn’t entertaining and/or charming. So long as it has no impact on the on ice product, I’ll take him.

He can be entertaining and you do learn to like it, but there are still moments where he's just absolutely brutal. I'm pretty sure someone gave him a job between the glass on NBCSN once for the playoffs and whoever decided to offer him that gig should have lost their job. It was much worse when Howie was around because they'd just go back and forth about the old days and not even call the game for stretches.

Personally, I'd like Butch to become a between the period analyst. Doesn't mean I don't like him, just means I don't necessarily like him in the booth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad