But, Who will Fenton take?

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
As opposed to the ongoing Mock draft of who you think we should take, how about some speculation of who you think Fenton will take. My guess is he will take Moritz Seider. He is a soon to be 18 year old, 6-foot-4 German right-shooting defenseman.

Given Fenton's Nashville background and his limited draft history, I believe he'll go defense. Speculation: Fenton suggested to Sturm he would be taking this fellow German in the draft, thus, sealing the deal in getting him to sign here.

Who you got?

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Raphael Lavoie. he knows we need young C with an added bonus of being a right shot and 6'4
I'm not sure that's a big enough reach for Fenton, assuming we're drafting in the 12-15 range. Lavoie would be right in the wheelhouse our according to most draft sights.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I'm not sure that's a big enough reach for Fenton, assuming we're drafting in the 12-15 range. Lavoie would be right in the wheelhouse our according to most draft sights.
yeah im not gonna sit around and bs about last years pick because the kid was projected to go in the 2nd. he might turn out to be a stud i have no reason to bash the pick. i dont thinkin fenton is dumb enough to not pick him if he is on the board.

Reactions: 2Pair

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think he’s going to pick who he believes is the best player available. Since we don’t know who is going before our pick it is really hard to determine an answer.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
RD and LW are the two most depth filled positions. Any thing else I could see being picked depending on who is BPA.
Depth doesn't mean much if the players aren't very good. After Spurgeon and Dumba, I'm not seeing any other top pairing or second pairing D on this team or in Iowa.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
The joke is getting old fast. Just wait to see who he drafts and cry afterwards if you want.

The rest of his draft last year is looking just fine.
Calm down, guy. This is just a tongue-in-cheek attempt to try and get people to think outside the box and put a name out there that could be taken in our 12-15 spot that doesn't just follow some draft ranking.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
OP I’m not saying you’re wrong but I highly doubt 23 year old college UFA Sturm was swayed by the idea of the team drafting 17 year old DEL defenseman Seider as if they’re automatically friends for being from the same country.

I think he takes Boldy or Soderstrom. I actually wouldn’t be upset with Soderstrom if all the centers (including Newhook) are gone when we pick.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
OK, I'll play. Some small, shifty Euro type forward.
That's the spirit!

Perhaps like Nils Hoglander. Although he's a LW he's only 5'9" and weighs 185 and is a player with speed, skill, and a great capacity to score goals. Projected late 1st round.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
OP I’m not saying you’re wrong but I highly doubt 23 year old college UFA Sturm was swayed by the idea of the team drafting 17 year old DEL defenseman Seider as if they’re automatically friends for being from the same country.

I think he takes Boldy or Soderstrom. I actually wouldn’t be upset with Soderstrom if all the centers (including Newhook) are gone when we pick.

I was being facetious. Of course that's not what happened.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Depth doesn't mean much if the players aren't very good. After Spurgeon and Dumba, I'm not seeing any other top pairing or second pairing D on this team or in Iowa.
Yes, but depth is better than nothing. RHD includes Belpedio, Menell, Bouramann currently in Iowa and then the Johanssons in the future. I could see Belpedio at least playing 2nd pairing. LHD is what Soucy and...? RW is who? I wouldn’t call Kunin a prospect anymore. It’s kinda scary he’s the only top 6 current/projected forward that is right handed. Maybe Lodnia if everything goes right? Fenton really needs to balance the depth chart. Luckily, this draft is loaded with centers and right handed wingers.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yes, but depth is better than nothing. RHD includes Belpedio, Menell, Bouramann currently in Iowa and then the Johanssons in the future. I could see Belpedio at least playing 2nd pairing. LHD is what Soucy and...? RW is who? I wouldn’t call Kunin a prospect anymore. It’s kinda scary he’s the only top 6 current/projected forward that is right handed. Maybe Lodnia if everything goes right? Fenton really needs to balance the depth chart. Luckily, this draft is loaded with centers and right handed wingers.

I don’t think Fenton cares, to be honest. And in some cases, I don’t think he should. Most of these guys won’t be making an impact for 3+ years. We don’t know what could happen between now and then with our positional depth. If the BPA is a LW or RD this year we should take him. That being said, if there are two players who we just can’t decide between, some positions are more valuable and more desirable going forward than others.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
You're not wrong, but I would rather see them take the BPA than targeting a specific position with their first round pick. Would you really rather take the 8th best center (and I'm afraid that is what will happen) than the best RD or LW in the draft?

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
He'll probably take Spencer Knight, and everyone will be justifying it saying he ranked higher on Minnesota's draft board then someone like Alex Turcotte.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You're not wrong, but I would rather see them take the BPA than targeting a specific position with their first round pick. Would you really rather take the 8th best center (and I'm afraid that is what will happen) than the best RD or LW in the draft?
I’d try and trade down in that specific instance. I still think there will be a center or right winger available at 12 that will be completely justified for selecting.
He'll probably take Spencer Knight, and everyone will be justifying it saying he ranked higher on Minnesota's draft board then someone like Alex Turcotte.
I don’t see any way Knight is taken before Turcotte. That would be insane, even if he’d be a #1 goalie for the next decade.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I don’t see any way Knight is taken before Turcotte. That would be insane, even if he’d be a #1 goalie for the next decade.

And we didn't think Johansson would be taken over guys like Jett Woo, Dominik Bokk, Rasmus Sandin, Joe Veleno, Serron Noel or Bode Wilde, but it did happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the organization did something that crazy.

"Justifying" it or whatever you want to call it, if it happens, it would be the exact reason that it does.

What?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2