GDT: Busy week starting in Pittsburgh Tues.

Now many wins this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

iamtalbot

Oct 18, 2007
Good news: After more than 1/3 of the season in, they are finally trying Caufield and Hoffman on the same pp unit
Bad news: Chariot is quarterbacking that unit
Baby steps here. Maybe in another 6 seasons they'll finally put a playmaker back there like norlinder

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Perrault on the top line while Ylonen rotates in and out of the 4th line with scrub Dauphin. You don't really have to look any further to see why this team has stalled in recent times. This is it, right there. We aren't making the playoffs, not by a long shot, and we still aren't willing to give a promising kid a chance to shine. Why not try Ylonen in the top six!?

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Perrault on the top line while Ylonen rotates in and out of the 4th line with scrub Dauphin. You don't really have to look any further to see why this team has stalled in recent times. This is it, right there. We aren't making the playoffs, not by a long shot, and we still aren't willing to give a promising kid a chance to shine. Why not try Ylonen in the top six!?
I've read and heard people saying it's a good thing Perreault is playing on the 1st line because it's upgrading his trade value.
Lol, they could get a 4th round pick instead of a 5th round pick, yay! While they play a 2nd round pick offensive player on the 4th line.
Absolute non-sense.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Good news: After more than 1/3 of the season in, they are finally trying Caufield and Hoffman on the same pp unit
Bad news: Chariot is quarterbacking that unit

I think Caufield and Hoffman on the same PP unit is a good move. But I also think showcasing Chiarot in many areas of the game to hold or prove his trade value more and more is not a bad move.

Many know the value you get from Chiarot but getting the added points and goals helps avoid the... "yeah he is physical and raises his game in the playoffs but he don't put any points at all"

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I think Caufield and Hoffman on the same PP unit is a good move. But I also think showcasing Chiarot in many areas of the game to hold or prove his trade value more and more is not a bad move.

Many know the value you get from Chiarot but getting the added points and goals helps avoid the... "yeah he is physical and raises his game in the playoffs but he don't put any points at all"

I highly doubt Chariot playing on the pp increases his value.
1. The PP is struggling. He's not even producing points.
2. Teams wanting Chariot won't use him on the PP.

Romanov should be used on the pp over Chariot.

Reactions: Rapala

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I highly doubt Chariot playing on the pp increases his value.
1. The PP is struggling. He's not even producing points.
2. Teams wanting Chariot won't use him on the PP.

Romanov should be used on the pp over Chariot.

He's got 6 pts in 29 games with 5 goals in 29 games. Better production than his 41 games last year. Play him and let other teams see what he can do. Sorry, I don't see a problem here. Romanov will get his chance.

What Chiarot does from now till when he is traded matters. Play him and there is room to give Romanov PP time as well.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Losing with zero to no effort is unacceptable.

If you give it everything you have and still lose...I can live with that.

I have said it and will say it again...these vets for the most part are gutless and should be ashamed of themselves
If we had real coach the vets that are mailing it in in would be benched.Unfortunately Dom is trying to save his job and Gorton must not have told him anything.I think it's time for Gorton to start making moves.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He's got 6 pts in 29 games with 5 goals in 29 games. Better production than his 41 games last year. Play him and let other teams see what he can do. Sorry, I don't see a problem here. Romanov will get his chance.

What Chiarot does from now till when he is traded matters. Play him and there is room to give Romanov PP time as well.

Chariot has 2 career pp points. Other teams aren't dumb. They know Chariot is not a pp player.
I also doubt that the reason Chariot is being used on the pp has to do with increasing his value. For some reason, the coaching staff just doesn't trust young players.

Reactions: Rapala

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Chariot has 2 career pp points. Other teams aren't dumb. They know Chariot is not a pp player.
I also doubt that the reason Chariot is being used on the pp has to do with increasing his value. For some reason, the coaching staff just doesn't trust young players.

I don't see it as something to put up a fuss about in a tank/rebuild year. The younger players will get their chance and for now, Chiarot will be played until he is traded. There is room to play all 3 of Chiarot, Clague, and Romanov on both PP units.

I support opportunity for the youth but not to be obsessed by it. I don't like all the moves Ducharme is making either. Chiarot on the PP and played in multiple roles while we try to trade him for the best return is not a negative to me. Sorry, we disagree on this one

Last edited:

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
who's in a drought or needs a 1st NHL goal? Welcome to MTL where we make your dreams come true.

Reactions: dinodebino

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
This season has gotten to the point where I dont actually know when game day is sometimes. I've never seen such a uninspiring Habs season. Even the 17-18 had at least 1 week at the start were playoffs weren't an absurd idea. This season we were never in it.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This season has gotten to the point where I dont actually know when game day is sometimes. I've never seen such a uninspiring Habs season. Even the 17-18 had at least 1 week at the start were playoffs weren't an absurd idea. This season we were never in it.

On the flip-side.. you get to be a fan of 31 other teams during the season cheering for the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad