Burnside: Are the Winnipeg Jets finished already?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Last year the Dallas Stars missed the playoffs by 7 points ... did they blow up the team???
No ... they add 3 vets G Antti Niemi, D Johnny Oduya, LW Patrick Sharp now they are the #1 in the NHL.

I think if you look close their goaltending was a tire fire in 2014-15 but to debate your larger point of not blowing things up if go back to 2011-12 when we entered the league and their top 6 Was:

Eriksson, Ribero, Ryder.
Benn Morrow, Ott

Four of those guys were in their 30's at that time.

Fast forward to 2015-16 Benn Seguin Kingberg provide their really elite young talent with Spezza Sharp rounding out their core. All but one piece has changed and is a pretty big upgrade over 2011-12. They probably don't have the D and tending to go on a cup run but they have been aggressively managing and remaking their core for 5 seasons and they are a much different, better, and younger team today.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think if you look close their goaltending was a tire fire in 2014-15 but to debate your larger point of not blowing things up if go back to 2011-12 when we entered the league and their top 6 Was:

Eriksson, Ribero, Ryder.
Benn Morrow, Ott

Four of those guys were in their 30's at that time.

Fast forward to 2015-16 Benn Seguin Kingberg provide their really elite young talent with Spezza Sharp rounding out their core. All but one piece has changed and is a pretty big upgrade over 2011-12. They probably don't have the D and tending to go on a cup run but they have been aggressively managing and remaking their core for 5 seasons and they are a much different, better, and younger team today.

Exactly. You start adding the veteran complimentary pieces after you build the young core capable of contending. The one thing I will give Dallas credit for is they were willing to move on from their previous older core players and got very good value in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad