Burns close to returning?

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Vlasic-Boyle
Demers-Braun
Irwin-Murray

Exactly what I was hoping they'd do before the season started.

Nice. Looks solid. Thanks for the updates.
Unless Demers and Braun are both in the doghouse and the coaches really love Irwin, this could suggest that Murray is the 7th.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Vlasic-Boyle
Demers-Braun
Irwin-Murray

Exactly what I was hoping they'd do before the season started.

Uhm, where's Stuart? Or are you just listing the new Stuart pairings because he was with Burns?

I could see them put Burns with Stuart short term just so he can take it a bit easy with the physical stuff for a bit because of whatever was wrong with him.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Uhm, where's Stuart? Or are you just listing the new Stuart pairings because he was with Burns?

I could see them put Burns with Stuart short term just so he can take it a bit easy with the physical stuff for a bit because of whatever was wrong with him.

Yeah. I just asked for the other line-ups since she said Stuart was with Burns earlier.

He was paired with Burns for the practice from my understanding.

The probably still play the same as last game:

Vlasic-Stuart
Irwin-Boyle
Braun-Murray/Demers

I'd like to see the pairings stalockrox posted, except take out Murray and put in Stuart. Then when Burns comes back, you just swap him with Irwin. Keeps the chemistry going with the other 2 lines.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

Kevin Kurz also seems to believe the Petrecki will be waived to open a roster spot - since he wasn't on waivers today, Burns can't be activated tomorrow.

I don't think Petrecki would get claimed off waivers but I'm still not sure that DW would want to risk it. However, Irwin deserves to be in the NHL.

They've put themselves into a bit of bind having 9 NHL d-men.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Kevin Kurz also seems to believe the Petrecki will be waived to open a roster spot - since he wasn't on waivers today, Burns can't be activated tomorrow.

I don't think Petrecki would get claimed off waivers but I'm still not sure that DW would want to risk it. However, Irwin deserves to be in the NHL.

They can send Irwin down for a game to make space, they'll do that before they will risk losing Petrecki. If Burns is back someone is getting traded, and whoever (besides Irwin) isn't playing when Burns is back is a pretty likely candidate is my bet.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Irwin is being paired with Murray in practice. Hopefully that means Irwin is the #8 guy who will be sent down to make room for Burns and Murray is the #7 guy. One can hope. If Burns is back and Murray still isn't benched, I don't know what to say.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

If by "bind", you mean "excellent place because teams always need defense" then you are quite right. :P

Irwin may draw the short straw, though. He absolutely deserves to be in the NHL right now with his play, but he's the only waiver eligible player. I have to believe he'll be sent down though. Then, ideally, Murray is traded, Petrecki is the #7 on the roster, but Matty can be called up to be the real #7.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
They can send Irwin down for a game to make space, they'll do that before they will risk losing Petrecki. If Burns is back someone is getting traded, and whoever (besides Irwin) isn't playing when Burns is back is a pretty likely candidate is my bet.

Don't think it really matters for today 'cus I really doubt Burns is playing tomorrow.
Should find out tomorrow or Sunday morning if they've decided to waive Petrecki.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I don't think it's McLellan putting the pairings together...

Well he would certainly have a say but i'm sure you're correct that Robinson runs the D and has swayed his mind about Murray. I'm excited to see the sasquatch return to the line up.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
If by "bind", you mean "excellent place because teams always need defense" then you are quite right. :P

Irwin may draw the short straw, though. He absolutely deserves to be in the NHL right now with his play, but he's the only waiver eligible player. I have to believe he'll be sent down though. Then, ideally, Murray is traded, Petrecki is the #7 on the roster, but Matty can be called up to be the real #7.

That is actually exactly what I meant, but I'm still not convinced they're going to trade a d-man (yet, maybe a bit later in the season). I agree that Irwin is likely to be sent to Worcester and really, if he's going to be the odd man out I'd rather he play in the AHL then sit in the press box in the NHL. Still, I wouldn't be shocked to see Petrecki waived.

I should also point out that I have no insight on which of the Demers-Braun / Murray-Irwin pairings will sit when Burns gets back.

Johnson and Robinson (obviously w/ some input from McLellan) seem to be running the d-men this season so I have no idea which way they'll go.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That is actually exactly what I meant, but I'm still not convinced they're going to trade a d-man (yet, maybe a bit later in the season). I agree that Irwin is likely to be sent to Worcester and really, if he's going to be the odd man out I'd rather he play in the AHL then sit in the press box in the NHL. Still, I wouldn't be shocked to see Petrecki waived.

I should also point out that I have no insight on which of the Demers-Braun / Murray-Irwin pairings will sit when Burns gets back.

Johnson and Robinson (obviously w/ some input from McLellan) seem to be running the d-men this season so I have no idea which way they'll go.

I have trouble beliving that both Braun and Demers will be sitting when BB comes back, given the hoopla that was made of their possibly not starting the season.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Perhaps it means that Petrecki is on his way out... He has been removed from the game stats summary (with his one NHL game). (Usually every player who played a game is on this list for the season. Until traded, etc.)

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA

Why does Petrecki have to go through waivers? Age? He has only played 1 NHL game.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA

I could see them sending Irwin down for the remainder of the season and bring him back if a D-man has to go on IR or next year when they don't resign Murray.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Perhaps it means that Petrecki is on his way out... He has been removed from the game stats summary (with his one NHL game). (Usually every player who played a game is on this list for the season. Until traded, etc.)

I don't know if that actually means anything but I wouldn't mind if they traded Petrecki. I think it would be better to get something for him then to risk losing him on waivers.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Why does Petrecki have to go through waivers? Age? He has only played 1 NHL game.

How long a player is exempt from waivers is based on age AND number of games played (and what age he signed contract).

Once a player reaches 25, they've essentially gotten through their exempt "period." (Exception is for players who sign ELS agreements at age 25 -- they get one year.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad