Burke Confirms he wants to be GM for Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
God I hope so.

They are embarrassing.

Burke is a smart guy, I'm sure that'll be his first order of business.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't think a GM has the power to change the name of the team...

S.S. Giggy

RIP 1974-2011
Jun 14, 2002
Getzlaf's Bald Spot
Visit site
Well, if the Ducks want to change their identity. Just take off the "Mighty" and let it be just "Anaheim Ducks". Also, make an identical away white jersey for the Alternate jersey and there's the change.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
FLYLine4LIFE said:

Where does it say "he wants to be GM for Ducks" in that column? Please assist me with that.

Burke, as an unemployed former GM, said "I'm definitely interested in the job."

Of course he is interested in one of the FEW PUBLICLY available GM positions in the NHL right now.

Beyond ANA, CHI is probably the only other GM spot available. What a coincidence he's interested... :clap:

saskhab

May 12, 2004
Saskatoon
www.puckworlds.com
I can see it now... "The Los Angeles Ducks of Anaheim"

Burke brings instant credibility to an organization... but I think Lombardi is a better fit. Burke certainly would be an eye-opener league wide, and could draw a couple big names to the organization as a result. Lombardi was a very good GM in San Jose, but isn't as famous (or infamous, depending on how you look at things).

L S

May 4, 2005
I heard the new owner wants to ask the public what they want..as far as if he would change the name or not. The Third Jerseys are MUCH better and the "new look" was selling like hotcakes during the season... I think that's been the plan all along.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
saskhab said:
I can see it now... "The Los Angeles Ducks of Anaheim"

Burke brings instant credibility to an organization... but I think Lombardi is a better fit. Burke certainly would be an eye-opener league wide, and could draw a couple big names to the organization as a result. Lombardi was a very good GM in San Jose, but isn't as famous (or infamous, depending on how you look at things).

Please provide the "big names" that flocked to VAN while Burke was GM that makes you believe that he could "draw a couple big names to the organization." :shakehead

"instant credibility" = because he's always commenting on something in the public, while GM or as a former GM??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad