Proposal: Burakovsky/Saad

dillyboy93

Dec 3, 2012
Canada
What would the cost be to make a swap of the two? I think obviously something else would have to go with Burakovsky to even salaries but I think that both could use a change of scenery. The Capitals have seemed to do well with adding those struggling players that needed a change.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Looking at Cap Friendly, I don't think it can work.

Washington has 0$ in cap.

Burakovsky's hit is 3M
Saad's is 6M

Washington doesn't have any dead weight contracts they can send to Chicago.

Eller's hit is 3.5M but Washington isn't trading Burakovsky + Eller for Saad. That's a downgrade for them.

Maybe Orlov + Burakovsky for Saad + Manning + 2019 2nd + 2020 2nd
But I still don't think Washington comes out ahead unless those end up being good picks.

Last edited:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I’d do it quite easily but the cap doesnt work and Capitals dont really have anything they’d like to dump. And Hawks wont retain.

Hopefully @Kevin Musto wasnt serious with that Orlov proposal because the difference between Saad and Burakovsky isnt Orlov and we would still add Manning? Those picks means nothing also.

Reactions: 780il

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Looking at Cap Friendly, I don't think it can work.

Washington has 0$ in cap.

Burakovsky's hit is 3M
Saad's is 6M

Washington doesn't have any dead weight contracts they can send to Chicago.

Eller's hit is 3.5M but Washington isn't trading Burakovsky + Eller for Saad. That's a downgrade for them.

Maybe Orlov + Burakovsky for Saad + Manning + 2019 2nd + 2020 2nd
But I still don't think Washington comes out ahead unless those end up being good picks.

You're more or less spot on. Doesn't work for Washington cap wise, and Washington doesn't even consider trading Orlov.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
You're kidding, right? Orlov's value trumps that of everyone else in this package EASILY. He's a 27 year old, cost controlled top pairing defenseman.

My English may be far off, but I meant just what you said.

Reactions: Hivemind

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I’d do it quite easily but the cap doesnt work and Capitals dont really have anything they’d like to dump. And Hawks wont retain.

Hopefully @Kevin Musto wasnt serious with that Orlov proposal because the difference between Saad and Burakovsky isnt Orlov and we would still add Manning? Those picks means nothing also.

You mean Orlov is a LOT more than the gap between Burakovsky and Saad, right?

I wouldn't trade Orlov for Saad straight up. No chance

Reactions: migi

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Sorry I know nothing about Orlov. Was just using him as an example based on his cap hit. Anyway we all agree a deal won't work here.

/thread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad