Rumor: Burakovsky may not get Qualifying Offer

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Former McDavid team mate in OHL and the Oilers did wonders for Steve Chiasson. Could be a nice fit/opportunity.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Capitals did the same with Connolly in 2017 and Smith-Pelly in 2018 and both of them resigned. I expect Burakovsky to resign.
This, unless the team also intends to not even try to keep him, he will almost certainly stay.
This team is close, he and Tom Wilson are super close, he likes Washington, he will certainly have a roster spot unless some random depth players (multiple.) start playing amazing. The depth isn’t amazing anymore.

Reactions: Ovechclutch

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Burakovsky is a 20 goal scorer waiting to happen in the Oilers top 6. Easy pick up. Don't waste this opportunity away. Former teammate of 97

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Former McDavid team mate in OHL and the Oilers did wonders for Steve Chiasson. Could be a nice fit/opportunity.
If these wonders were so wonderful you’d think you’d know his first name.

Also don’t give the Oilers credit for doing wonders for anyone anytime recently.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I think there is a close to 0% chance he re-signs
We'll see, but have to think that BMAC has already had such conversations with Burakovsky and his agent about what the Capitals would like to do and I would think that Bura and his camp has given him receptive responses, otherwise if you're not receiving such vibes why not just move him for whatever you can get.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Not really.

His QO would have been $715K ($650K salary in 2017-18).

They signed him for $1M for 2018-19.

In Connolly's case (mentioned in this thread), the QO would have been $845.25K.

They signed him to a 2-year contract of $1.5M per year.
The concern in both cases was arbitration and what they would have been awarded.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Whenever I hear Toronto and Contender in the same sentence. I feel the same way about that poster. Drink more Kool-Aid

I mean outside of the Blues they were the only team that put up a fight against the Bruins. If they somehow managed to win that series that would've been the Leafs in the finals. Guys like you always change your agenda against the Leafs. When the Leafs make a run you'll find something else to crap on. Its sad honestly.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I mean outside of the Blues they were the only team that put up a fight against the Bruins. If they somehow managed to win that series that would've been the Leafs in the finals. Guys like you always change your agenda against the Leafs. When the Leafs make a run you'll find something else to crap on. Its sad honestly.
Considering only your team and the Panthers have not won a playoff round in post lockout era hockey. I’ll continue to bet against the Laughs in the playoffs.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Colour me interested. I know it's tough with the QO likely not being rendered, but what sort of salary would he be looking for?

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
The Leafs comments are hilarious. I hope we re-sign him, but if not, it will be because someone offered him more money.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Whoever he signs with and whatever he signs for, it'll be of a short duration, a trial or prove it contract. He will not want to be on below 3 mil contract for an extended period of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad