Player Discussion Burakovsky - Bowey

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
What's up guys. Oilers fan here (as you can tell from my handle)

What are your views on these 2 players? What would it take from the Oilers to get them?

I've liked Bowey for a while now. Seeing him and Nurse shutdown at the WJHC's back in 2015 was epic. Of course, the NHL is a different animal altogether but I'd love to see them two re-unite. I'd love to see Burakovsky with McDavid again (Former Erie teammates)

HMU with your thoughts

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Burakovsky? I don't know but I don't think you would have to give up a lot to get him. We should get rid of him while he still has some value as a young player, I don't think he'll ever be what we thought he could be. I bet he can succeed on McDavid's wing though.

As for Bowey, too early to say but we should hold on to him. We don't any other RD coming up.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I think that'd have to be a pretty insane package and they'd need to take Orpik back the other way in my opinion.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Burakovsky? I don't know but I don't think you would have to give up a lot to get him. We should get rid of him while he still has some value as a young player, I don't think he'll ever be what we thought he could be. I bet he can succeed on McDavid's wing though.

As for Bowey, too early to say but we should hold on to him. We don't any other RD coming up.

What about Slepyshev and Benning for Burakovsky and Bowey?

Last edited:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

We have Connor Hobbs as a RD prospect. He isnt ready for the NHL yet though. Saw alot of Hobbs in junior. Hope he pans out. I hope Bowey does too.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Career wise, it doesn't. But based off this season, both struggling, numbers are close. Seem's like both could use fresh starts as their not being utilized properly.

In what world are they comparable...? One's got 17 points in 46 games. The other has only 5 more games but double the points, and that's just this year. Career wise in the same time span one has 95 points and the other 22. Benning seems okay, but neither he nor Slepyshev have done anything warranting Burakovsky and Bowey. You'd have to add to them to just get Burakovsky.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad