"Bullet Joe" Simpson

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Interesting. They appear to have found a "distant relative" but no one close enough to feel comfortable accepting the Induction on his behalf.... so in such a case, I would recommend they have a noted local Hockey Historian, a member of the Jets, and the current Battalion Commander of the 61st accept it, do some research, acceptance speeches. If the 61st no longer exists, whatever Battalion or Regiment it was amalgamated into, and if disbanded, a Winnipeg Regiment. Perhaps Army & Air Force. That connection seems a natural.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I'd rather hear Killion's acceptance speech and see the bar bill afterwards.

.... :laugh: no worries. Lay it on extra thick. Funny stories (true ones, no need to make anything up), tears, the whole 9 yards. Academy Award Performance. Unfortunately, I dont actually do the "Rubber Chicken Circuit" as Guest Speakers who make a living to such events, banquets & ceremonies refer to them as. But many ex-players etc certainly do, and apparently one of the best in terms of just being flat out hysterical is Dennis Hull. Hire him if all else fails. Manitoban's love to laugh, generally terrific senses of humour, and for so August an event as this one Im sure they'll make out just fine. Besides, I'd insist my fee included an open bar, and no cheaping out, bankrupting the Hall of Fame. Just not worth the potential damage Im afraid.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Find this family -

Homer-Simpson-homer-simpson-3065347-1680-1050.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad