Bulldogs 12-0 to the finals and have a 22 game win streak, are 51-4 in 2022!

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Perfect road so far for the Hamilton Bulldogs.

4 wins away for their 2nd ever Robertson Cup.

4 straight wins away from making history also,
chance to go 16-0.

Their GD is mad; 60 - 21 (+41)

PS. but i kinda hope that Flint gets to the finals and defeats Hamilton :cool:

Reactions: Mata

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Still dont know if I trust Costantini in a one game winner take all Memorial Cup semi-final or final against a really good team

Spits1963

Dec 17, 2014
Remember 87/88 Spitfires,
Swept OHL playoffs,
Won first 3 games at memorial cup,
Had won 39 of last 40 games,
Lost memorial cup 7-6

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Well, he was the loudest pre-season voice while proclaiming the Barrie Colts OHL Champions so.....
And rightly so at the time. Didn’t 50% of ohl gms put the colts as the favourite to start the year for the preseason pools?

Pretty smart minds agreeing there

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
A reminder that Ottawa won 14 straight in the 2019 OHL playoffs and lost in the OHL championship series to Guelph. Don't count out whoever they're facing in the finals.
Yes Ottawa did lose but Mike Dipietro got injured and that spelled the end. Cedric Andree looked like a deer in the headlights for the last 4 games. You never know what can happen.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Yes Ottawa did lose but Mike Dipietro got injured and that spelled the end. Cedric Andree looked like a deer in the headlights for the last 4 games. You never know what can happen.
Exactly. All that it takes is for Hamilton to go on a bad run or a big injury. HAM should still be the favourite. All I'm saying is don't count out their opponent.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Given the East and West haven't played each other, it's kind of difficult to say "yeah, Hamilton will run the table" or "no chance in heck." Are they dominant? Yes. Is the West a tough conference? Yes.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Given the East and West haven't played each other, it's kind of difficult to say "yeah, Hamilton will run the table" or "no chance in heck." Are they dominant? Yes. Is the West a tough conference? Yes.
Erie played Niagara & Hamilton. Barrie played London and Owen Sound. Soo played Barrie, NB, (Sudbury 10 X).
Was the top 5 of the East better than top of the West? I think it was. And I think the bottom 5 of the West was a bit better than that of the East.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
I'll echo OHLTG, it's hard to say with the West and East not playing each other a lot this year, but the Bulldogs I would say certainly have the advantage here. I mean on paper they appear to, but we can't trust the paper entirely due to the season. What we can trust is their state.

North Bay was a consistently appearing CHL top ranked team. They were 3rd ranked in the league, 2nd in the conference and the Dogs swept them in four. They played 12 games to get to the final.

Flint was occasionally appearing in the CHL top rankings. They were 4th ranked in the league, 2nd in the conference and they took Windsor seven. They played 18 games to get to the final.

We saw it when Hamilton beat the Soo, that the Dogs came into the series far fresher then the Greyhounds and many said it was the Rangers and Attack that helped Hamilton win in 2018. I think even if you treat Hamilton and Windsor as equals in terms of ability, Hamilton is going into this game with a week of rest, in addition to home advantage.

I didn't think the Dogs would sweep Missi or North Bay and I was wrong. I don't think they'll sweep the Spitfires either. I'll say this, holy crap the Dogs are hungry.

Reactions: HockeyPops

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
And Hamilton is used to having a weeks rest going into a series this year. They showed up in game one of the second and third rounds without missing a beat. I expect them to do the same in game one of the finals.

In my opinion, this was the only thing Windsor may have had going for it: meeting a cold team in game one. That won’t be the case.

By the time game three is done in the final, Windsor will have played six games in nine days. This thing could be 3-0 by then - and therefore, over.

I would’ve liked to have seen two rested teams play in the final.

Last edited:

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
The health of Nathan Staios is very important. Something is definitely wrong with his shoulder.

The team hasn't missed a beat so far, but that is a huge loss if he is still out of the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad