Building a winner

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I think OP is under estimating Gordon .. He is more than a 4th line C and can be sent out against top lines of other teams. Sure an upgrade over Acton would be great but we are fine down the middle with what we have

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
yeah i mean for a flames fan, its pretty well written. i think gordon has been one of our best players this year, which is sad and good at the same time.

I think the oilers really need to start finding those 'tough to play against", gritty middle aged players that are scattered throughout the league. talentwise, edmonton is arguably the best team up front, but thats not gonna win us as many games as having a well balanced, hard playing, hard checking team with a great work ethic. Eventually, i think we need to trade a young gun for a bunch of workers kinda like the rick nash deal.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
How else are we supposed to reply to some Flames fan that comes and tries to critique our team? Maybe they should worry about their disaster of a franchise.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL As an oiler fan I laugh uproariously at anyone being critical of other teams. The guy made a valid post. Hell better than half the drivel we have on here on a daily basis. (I'll include my posts as drivel if you like.)

As for Dubnyk, he's not as bad as people make him out to be. He's had too suspect games so far this year. I'm not sure if he's the answer long term, most likely not but there is heaps of room to blame many other players but goalies are lightening rods.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL As an oiler fan I laugh uproariously at anyone being critical of other teams. The guy made a valid post. Hell better than half the drivel we have on here on a daily basis. (I'll include my posts as drivel if you like.)

As for Dubnyk, he's not as bad as people make him out to be. He's had too suspect games so far this year. I'm not sure if he's the answer long term, most likely not but there is heaps of room to blame many other players but goalies are lightening rods.

Honestly if Dubnyk spent the last 5 or 6 years on Chicago, I think he would maybe have been as good as Crawford. Even in my OP, I mention that if the Oilers addressed the tough minute centers and added a D that Dubnyk would probably suffice just fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad