Line Combos: Build the 2013-14 starting line-up (Plekanec's right winger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Let's build together the Habs 2013-14 starting line-up. This would be an "injury free" line-up, so let's do as if Gionta and Emelin were ready to start on day one.

Try to build lines that work, instead of just voting for the best player for each position.

Between (brackets) is the normal position for this player. You can always vote to put a player in another position.

Time to pick the left winger on the Plekanec's line!

FORWARDS

Pacioretty - Plekanec - ????
???? - Eller - ????
???? - Desharnais - ????
???? - White - ????
Extra : ????

DEFENSEMEN

???? - ????
???? - ????
???? - ????
Extra : ????

GOALERS

????
????

23rd player (forward or defense) : ????
--------------------------------
1st call-up (offense) : ????
2nd call-up (offense) : ????
3rd call-up (offense) : ????
1st call-up (defense) : ????
2nd call-up (defense) : ????
1st call-up (goaler) : ????

samsquanch9*

I wish bourque could be, but we need his size on another line.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't mean to be negative, but you don't build a lineup like this. This is stupid. Making a lineup is more autocratic than democratic.

Also, set lines change 8 times a year... and when a team is struggling offensively in a game, the coach will shuffle things up shift after shift.

So what I'm saying is: this is all futile. But it's the summer and we miss hockey and there's less to talk about, I get it.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I don't mean to be negative, but you don't build a lineup like this. This is stupid. Making a lineup is more autocratic than democratic.

Also, set lines change 8 times a year... and when a team is struggling offensively in a game, the coach will shuffle things up shift after shift.

So what I'm saying is: this is all futile. But it's the summer and we miss hockey and there's less to talk about, I get it.

well let's hope that MT doesn't base his line changes on this thread then :).

Analyzer*

I wish bourque could be, but we need his size on another line.

This, otherwise we roll out one small ass line.

If Briere could do well in on the right wing I'd like to see him there, but he'll likely be a centre.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

Everything we talk about on this board is futile. Nothing we say or argue about has any stake in anything that happens in the NHL. It's for fun. We do it for amusement. Not because we actually think that these will be the lines.

Have you seen the NHL trade and free agent talk board? Do you honestly think that people making the proposals honestly think that its going to happen? Not a chance.

samsquanch9*

Pacioretty plek gionta

Galchenyuk eller gallagher

Bourque dd briere

Prust white moen

We need morrow instead of briere/gionta

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Pacioretty plek gionta

Galchenyuk eller gallagher

Bourque dd briere

Prust white moen

We need morrow instead of briere/gionta

Gionta > Morrow.

Pleks needs a strong 2-way winger. That's been shown more than once over the years. Briere against first line opposition doesn't make any sense.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
For me, it was between Gallagher and Gionta. I went with Gallagher.

Briere should be on the second line with Eller. He needs someone to set him up to score goals and Eller is that guy. If Galchenyuk played on the other side, he'd have a centre and a winger on his line that are comfortable stringing the puck along and making room before dishing the puck to him. Then... that would leave Gio and Bourque on a third line with Desharnais and suddenly I don't want to play this game anymore.

samsquanch9*

Gionta is better defensively than briere. Gio should be with plek and briere should be on a more offensive exploitation line with eller and galchenyuk or with bourque and dd

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Maybe a lot of us are hoping for this:

Desharnais is 2nd line center again...so he can rack up the pts and boost his value (just in time for a trade!). Package DD with someone else and maybe we'll get a 1st Rnd Pick? (or a solid young Dman prospect to help PK Subban sooner than later).

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Moen(temporary until Gionta gets back)
Bourque-Eller-Briere
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
_?_-White-Parros
Gionta (injured)

OR (with DD):

Bourque-Plekanec-Briere
Prust-Desharnais-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Moen
Dumont?-White-Parros
Gionta (injured)

Last edited:

Agalloch