Build a team with heart and passion

Status
Not open for further replies.

noto0661

Feb 2, 2004
I'm available to play. LOL.

But I agree with the two comments above mine.

Hometown boys would not coast.

I like the effort Polak has been showing. That's about it...? Did I miss anyone?

I also think we need to build a bigger team, especially down the middle. We looked like kids playing men in those west coast games.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Kadri is a home town boy who showed two obvious plays last night that he continues to be a inconsistent player with lack of work. Cherry showed the first one with the chance to hit a player behind the net and the 2nd was in the second period when he gave up skating back allowing a goal. He isn't a player that will make this team any better and should be traded for a guy who will at least hustle.

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008

I like the effort Polak has been showing. That's about it...? Did I miss anyone?

If they were to rebuild, I'd like them to keep Polak just to set an example/culture for the youth. Similar with Winnik.

leafstilldeath*

Kadri is a home town boy who showed two obvious plays last night that he continues to be a inconsistent player with lack of work. Cherry showed the first one with the chance to hit a player behind the net and the 2nd was in the second period when he gave up skating back allowing a goal. He isn't a player that will make this team any better and should be traded for a guy who will at least hustle.

Polak had pinched it is RW job to cover for the RD pinch. Santo was out of position Kadri was in the middle.

Watch the play

TheDancingGoalie

Jan 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario.

I also think we need to build a bigger team, especially down the middle. We looked like kids playing men in those west coast games.

Polak has been doing well, hopefully he'll rack up some more points soon though. And yes, I agree we need to build a bigger, better team.

leafstilldeath*

Too many floaters way too many...We need a team that will fight as a team and play like its game 7 always,,,

If you want heart and soul type players than the following have to GTFO of town

Bozak
Kessel
Dion

These three princesses never show emotion. Heck I have even seen Kessel show some emotion on and off the ice. Dion and Bozo on the other hand have to GTFO.

-Lupul is a heart and soul type player too bad he is injured far too often
-JVR is a heart and soul type player but has sissy leadership to follow
-Kadri is a heart and soul player sissy leadership to follow and bottom 6 wingers to play with. Kadri would drop the gloves and hit like a maniac when he played for Knights. Wilson and Burke screwed him over with rollercoaster call ups and downs.
-Clarkson was suppose to be heart and soul player I don't know what happened with him.
-Franson is a heart and soul player, takes responsibility and accounts himself responsible.
-Polak is a friggen BEAST
-Robidas..... I don;t know anymore

Other roster players especially youth will follow the leaders on the team and the leadership on this team is FAULTY

Dion - C
Robidas - A
Bozak - A :facepalm:
Lupul - A (only potential captain material, but injured far too often)

Change is NEEDED especially to the leadership core

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Polak had pinched it is RW job to cover for the RD pinch. Santo was out of position Kadri was in the middle.

Watch the play

No Kadri had chance to skate and back check but just watched the play develop instead, I don't know if we are talking about the same play.

TheDancingGoalie

Jan 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario.
If you want heart and soul type players than the following have to GTFO of town

Bozak
Kessel
Dion

These three princesses never show emotion. Heck I have even seen Kessel show some emotion on and off the ice. Dion and Bozo on the other hand have to GTFO.

-Lupul is a heart and soul type player too bad he is injured far too often
-JVR is a heart and soul type player but has sissy leadership to follow
-Kadri is a heart and soul player sissy leadership to follow and bottom 6 wingers to play with. Kadri would drop the gloves and hit like a maniac when he played for Knights. Wilson and Burke screwed him over with rollercoaster call ups and downs.
-Clarkson was suppose to be heart and soul player I don't know what happened with him.
-Franson is a heart and soul player, takes responsibility and accounts himself responsible.
-Polak is a friggen BEAST
-Robidas..... I don;t know anymore

Other roster players especially youth will follow the leaders on the team and the leadership on this team is FAULTY

Dion - C
Robidas - A
Bozak - A :facepalm:
Lupul - A (only potential captain material, but injured far too often)

Change is NEEDED especially to the leadership core

I agree with all this, but who would want them if they are currently playing bad on this team?

leafstilldeath*

No Kadri had chance to skate and back check but just watched the play develop instead, I don't know if we are talking about the same play.

dude watch the play. its not how it developed.

anyway don't wanna make this thread about Kadri. if you want bring this up in the Kadri thread and we can discuss it there

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
How about we trying building a team with good talent first? The team has signed plenty of heart and soul guys over the years (Polak, Robidas, Clarkson, Bolland, Armstrong to name a few) all of whom were/are terrible.

leafstilldeath*

I agree with all this, but who would want them if they are currently playing bad on this team?

Rumor is that there is market for Phaneuf and Kessel. Unload Bozak as well and build properly.

Some depserate team looking for scoring may also gamble on Lupul. We need a GM with balls to make the deals to secure franschise (present and future) insteada of their own future.

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
what is heart? how do you describe it? I've seen Kessel play with fire many times but does that get counted as heart? or is heart only for Ontario born players who hit or Clarksons? Building a team with heart is how you fail. Build a team with a bunch of high IQ players and you can build a winner.

leafstilldeath*

Just wondering how is that

NO SALUTING after the wins "CHANGE IN ROUTINE" working out for the players?

Did they collectively decide to just lose all the games so they don't have to worry about saluting? :sarcasm:

These pukes should be booed at the ACC tomorrow. If they are not booed I will lose faith in leafs nation.

P.S. Someone egg the suits and make their lives hell as well

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
If you played all out every game like it was a game 7, you would burn out all your energy, and end up with alot of injuries. We need players who can play a solid game throughout the season, and then turn it up in the playoffs.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

Kadri has easily been one of the best players of late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad