Build a line - what line would you have loved to seen in the NHL?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
3 of the first 5 picks from the 1971 draft Dionne between Lafleur and Richard Martin.

Just for fun put Robinson and Bill Hajt on the blue line.

Best I could do in net were 2 ex Canucks in John Garrett and curt Ridley though yikes.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
In NHL 94 I think one of the line I made has a kid was Mogilny-Lemieux-Hull.

Healthy Kariya-Selanne with either Sakic-Forsberg of 2003-2004 would have been nice to see it actually happen.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Bure - Fedorov - Jagr

Probably never would have stayed together becasue of $$ but in an alternate draft history we could have seen this asuming Bure or Jagr could move to the left.

scott clam

Sep 12, 2018
Ovechkin- Fedorov - Lafleur

Honestly just to have Feds play with Lafleur would be sublime. Ovechkin is just the icing on the cake.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
It has to be the guys that complement each other. Three guys who are used to carrying the puck over and over again wouldn't work in the long run, or even short run I don't think.

Here is one, and I wish they had more time to work together, but Lemieux-Sakic-Iginla from the 2004 World Cup would have been nice. Two highly skilled passers who can still shoot through the door of a fridge but have a trigger man on the right side. I think it was one of the games vs. Slovakia where they had one of those rare tic-tac-toe goals that was just epic.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Realistically if the Nordiques hadn't traded the 3rd overall pick of 1980 for the right to protect Réal Cloutier, might have seen Goulet-Stastny-Denis Savard and that would have been special, might have got the Nordiques to the Cup.

I think a healthy Kariya-Sakic-Selanne would have been something too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad