Proposal: Buffalo - Toronto

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Is this a joke? Risto is the last player the leafs are going to acquire, and Nylander for 8oa is horrible.

People slammed on Ceci this season, atleast he has some defensive impact. What exactly do you expect with Risto? He's horrible.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Is this a joke? Risto is the last player the leafs are going to acquire, and Nylander for 8oa is horrible.

People slammed on Ceci this season, atleast he has some defensive impact. What exactly do you expect with Risto? He's horrible.

I don’t think Riso is being utilized properly in Buffalo. This also balances our cap and team out

Reactions: Luckylarry

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
I don’t think Riso is being utilized properly in Buffalo. This also balances our cap and team out

He's horrible. By any metric. He plays a horrible gap and spends all day playing defense, which he sucks at.
EPd_jSIW4AEYkv6

EZCDWwTWAAAQTZX

This the player you want to solve defensive issues?

EgTjOyZUwAAUpba

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
He's horrible. By any metric. He plays a horrible gap and spends all day playing defense, which he sucks at.
EPd_jSIW4AEYkv6

EZCDWwTWAAAQTZX

This the player you want to solve defensive issues?

He only had a bad two years. Before that he was not bad defensively at all. Again I think it’s the system that doesn’t benefit him

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
He only had a bad two years. Before that he was not bad defensively at all. Again I think it’s the system that doesn’t benefit him

Buddy I posted his heat map from every season he's been in the NHL, he's been amongst the worst defenders in the league every year he's been in the NHL. Risto is the last person in the NHL the Leafs need to acquire, and if you know anything about your own GM and how the team operates, it's not happening.

Did you even look at the heat maps I posted?

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Buddy I posted his heat map from every season he's been in the NHL, he's been amongst the worst defenders in the league every year he's been in the NHL. Risto is the last person in the NHL the Leafs need to acquire, and if you know anything about your own GM and how the team operates, it's not happening.

There comes a time where you need to drop the heat maps and watch him play. He has always thrived away from Buffalo in international. He is big, physical and mean too. He has a big slap shot from the point and taking him away from Buffalo will show he is not as bad defensively as your heat maps show.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Meh, Risto isn’t a bad buy low depth candidate for the Leafs but he isn’t worth risking Nylander. Regardless of his recent misuse and potential, Nylander has more value due to age,versatility and recent play. I’ll respectfully decline.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016

hmm maybe instead of shitting on a player why not add some contexts. Look at his partners for those years, hell look at the teams he's been on, risto has never played with anyone higher than a #4 defencemen and that's being generous. not to mentions the forward core away from eichel RoR reinhart e.kane olofsson has been shit for the past 10 years. he's playing 25 minutes a night on the worst franchise of the past decade.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
There comes a time where you need to drop the heat maps and watch him play. He has always thrived away from Buffalo in international. He is big, physical and mean too. He has a big slap shot from the point and taking him away from Buffalo will show he is not as bad defensively as your heat maps show.

I mean you can compare him to other defensemen in the same system and find that he allows more shots, high danger shots, and goals against than 4/6 defensemen on his own team in most years.

Imagine that, he's not even the 4th best defensive D in Buffalo most years.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
To Buffalo:

Nylander
15th OA
Johnsson

to Toronto:

Risto
Miller
8OA

Nylander>=8OA
Risto>=15thOA
Johnsson=Miller

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE

I don't think you are a aLeaf fan, no Leaf fan would propose something this bad

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
The OP isn't a Leaf fan either, no true Leaf fan would make this proposal

Uhhh see my break down. 8th for Nylander which is pretty fair. 15th for a top 4 day man. Again should be fair. Johnssson for a top 4 d man. What’s the issue? This is not Nylander for Risto...

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I mean you can compare him to other defensemen in the same system and find that he allows more shots, high danger shots, and goals against than 4/6 defensemen on his own team in most years.

Imagine that, he's not even the 4th best defensive D in Buffalo most years.

Who do you think Buffalo put on the ice against the other teams 1st line?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad