Buffalo scores goal that's clearly offside, counts anyway

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Surprised there hasnt been a thread on this.

The "goal" should be around the 5 minute mark.

How do you f*** that up? They have video review. It's like if you tried to make a bowl of cereal and instead you got herpes. What a crock.

Last edited:

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
It was out, and should have been offsides.

A Buffalo Sports Team gets a break on a call; that's the amazing thing here.........

edit: Saw a different angle of the play on NHL Network this morning. Showed both Buffalo players tagged up as the puck was played into the Colorado zone.

Good goal from that angle!

Last edited:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
They literally explained it

Avs announcers figured it out right before it was deemed a goal

ijuka

May 14, 2016
If he only touches the puck once(or isn't touching it when it crosses the line), it is not an offside.

Hard to see with that view there. Got a better one?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Judging by tge teams playing, it was probably just a "phone it in" game in the eyes of the refs/league :laugh:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Sabres got hosed on an offsides goal that should not have counted some several games back. I think this was karma's way of cutting them a break

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Brutal call.

I guess you could make that mistake when watching the game at full speed, but you have instant replay available. It's pretty pathetic that you had multiple people looking at it and then were like "yeah, that's a good goal".

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
For what it's worth the making the bowl of cereal and getting herpes instead analogy was the most colorful thing I've heard all week. Bravo OP you gave me my laugh for the day and it was before 8 AM. All the likes!

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Brutal call.

I guess you could make that mistake when watching the game at full speed, but you have instant replay available. It's pretty pathetic that you had multiple people looking at it and then were like "yeah, that's a good goal".
This was not offside. Watched it frame by frame. He's not in possession when crossing blue line.

He chips it ahead and when he actually gains possession he's not offside.

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
It is not an offside, of course the media doesn't show the whole video and edit it to make it seem like its an offside. SAD!

FAKE NEWS!!

Reactions: Dialamo

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
yeah, move along, nothing to see here. it's pretty clear from the second angle that the puck came COMPLETELY over the blue line before the Sabres player touched it. assuming (because the clip doesn't show it and I didn't watch this game) all Sabres cleared the zone before going back in and touching the the puck that play is clearly onside.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
yeah, move along, nothing to see here. it's pretty clear from the second angle that the puck came COMPLETELY over the blue line before the Sabres player touched it. assuming (because the clip doesn't show it and I didn't watch this game) all Sabres cleared the zone before going back in and touching the the puck that play is clearly onside.

That's what happened, the players offside tagged up and came back in before the puck was touched again. The fact that it came completely out doesn't matter if it was brought back in inside. How is this even a thread, the refs actually got this one right.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It was onside, according to the rules. The rule is bullshit as far as I'm concerned (not least because it leads to nonsense situations like this), but it was a legitimate goal.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

The "goal" should be around the 5 minute mark.

How do you **** that up? They have video review. It's like if you tried to make a bowl of cereal and instead you got herpes. What a crock.

This is really specific.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
The NHL's blue line camera showed what happened clearly. The puck came out, very clearly. Larsson did not maintain possession but instead chipped in back in. Before Larsson crossed the blue line, the offsides Sabres forwards, Wilson and Pouliot touched up and re-entered the zone.

It was onsides.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It's like if you tried to make a bowl of cereal and instead you got herpes.

giphy.gif
]

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
100% onside by the time the next touch was made on the puck, the right call was made.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
You can even see the linesman getting ready to blow the whistle(implying he saw the puck come out of the zone) but then realize that he wasn't in possession and then signify no offside afterwards. He was totally on point there. So no, it wasn't a case of him sleeping on the job, missing the puck exiting the zone and fluking the correct call.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
isnt this similar to the chicago goal last year on the offside touchup??
the sabres player didnt really have possession, so this was onside.

But the chicago one last year, I swear that was still offside because he came in with possession

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017

How do you **** that up? They have video review. It's like if you tried to make a bowl of cereal and instead you got herpes. What a crock.
Good analogy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad