Post-Game Talk (GBU): Buffalo Sabres vs Arizona Coyotes (8:00PM ET) 2/29/2020

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
It’s really sad that this team has pieces and it putting it together but just not in a way where it’s showing up in the standings, we improved by 16 points last year it didn’t feel like it. This year we will improve from that team last year likely judging by the record despite the four losses I a row.

It’s progress it’s just slow progress, if you look on paper I really like a lot of elements on this team for one Linus Ullmark and Ukko pekka Luukonen are our future and neither have played in the last four.

Eichels gone pointless four in a row for probably the first time this year, but upset it’s happening at a time when we were just six points back with a.gsme in band and now it’s like 12 back....which obviously is over. That sucks but it doesent take away from him scoring 162 points in his last 142 games games the past two seasons, I mean he had points in 40 of his past 44 before these four in a row so he gets a pass but still it’s frustrating.

er can’t escape the skinner desl so it’s good he’s scored three of his last five or six games.
Kahun and Simmonds have been decent additions and we’ve been in all four games that they’ve losses despite icing johansson and huton in net.

I know it’s frustration and doom and gloom so I’m sorry to be all my Rogers in here but I just really like the pieces going forward with jokiharju Montour dahli Ullmark UPL then Johnson and Samuelson Borgen Etc, Reinhardt eichel Skinner Olofsson up front we just need another full line of forwards who are too six threads which won’t be easy and things can turn around. Unfortunately people have lost patience and I don’t blame
Them. It’s important to remember how it’s been 9 years for us doesent mean it’s been 9 years for this group. It’s been 5 for a few of them but I think there’s progression and hope even if it’s slowly coming.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
My little old mother had some issues that required attention tonight, so I missed the game because of it.

After seeing the score and recaps, I guess I did not in fact miss the game....

:wally:

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
One good thing came off tonight.

Leaf fans now flocking to the thread about buffalo on the main boards to feel better about themselves in numbers, onother sabres fans were there so I just thought I’d let everyone know while they have had to wait until March for eichel to finally go in a slump, just thought I’d remind them
He’s still out scoring every leaf this year in less games and is now the all time leader in goals per game vs the leafs passing ovechkin! And how their team will once again be golfing in the same month as us, while they and the panthers remain the only two teams to not win a series since the lockout. The first one (this century)
now both teams battle to be the team who gets eliminated by the bruins or Tampa and once again the leads will not get home ice. Weve had a presidents trophy and two trips to the east finals since then, posting those facts were all I need to feel happy.

it might be petty since we haven’t had success this decade but the fact they they lost to us so badly in that game (scoring chances wise) and a Zamboni driver in the same week whilst laughing at us and all the faces I posted above give me every right to feel happy as a sports fan. Again may be petty but I legit Feel satisfied with these facts. They can come in numbers though, they’re like wasps.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
“Growth Path”...my ass Ralph...I’m done with you’re schtick, take the next plane overseas and talk that nonsense to footballers.

Is firing another coach really the answer. Apparently he’s the most liked coach we’ve had of all of them and technically the sabres improved by 16’points last year (when you referred to growrth path) and are a game above .500 which is better then last year and technically a growth path. Ps- no one picked them to be a top four Atlantic team and there starting goalie got hurt a month ago this league is way too good every night to beat teams like the avs and coyotes with our offence and ahl goalies, the fact we weren’t blown out is amazing. IMO

Reactions: k8prisoner

Hashbrown77

Apr 25, 2017
Is firing another coach really the answer. Apparently he’s the most liked coach we’ve had of all of them and technically the sabres improved by 16’points last year (when you referred to growrth path) and are a game above .500 which is better then last year and technically a growth path. Ps- no one picked them to be a top four Atlantic team and there starting goalie got hurt a month ago this league is way too good every night to beat teams like the avs and coyotes with our offence and ahl goalies, the fact we weren’t blown out is amazing. IMO
Agreed....no Sabre fan in his/her right mind thought we would make the playoffs at the start of the season, the East is just too stacked. This season, and last, should remind everyone just how important goaltending is....especially down the stretch. People think this latest skid cost us a playoff chance??? Our playoff hopes died the second Ulmark got injured.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
He's being asked to play his off-side. He's a RHD. Now I can hear the chorus of "it doesn't matter" from many people. But here's the thing:

RHDs very rarely get asked to play their off-side when growing up. There's usually a dearth of right-handed defensemen so if anyone gets asked to switch, it's the lefties asked to play the right.

Montour's a RHD being asked to play out of position. I think that's a large reason for his drop-off in play.

There's a lot of validity to that. I was a tad bit drunk when I went on my rant. I still feel the truth about most of it. LOL

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Agreed....no Sabre fan in his/her right mind thought we would make the playoffs at the start of the season, the East is just too stacked. This season, and last, should remind everyone just how important goaltending is....especially down the stretch. People think this latest skid cost us a playoff chance??? Our playoff hopes died the second Ulmark got injured.

Absolutely true and I’m glad people see it this way the league it too good people are just overreacting because buffalo....

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Well, it’s looking like yet another top ten pick for us. With the schedule coming up that could easily become top five.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Apparently, this season not only mostly sucks but to make matters worse also marks the de facto end of the GBU.

Can't stay up for every game but would love to know e.g. how Kahun looked.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
I would love to punch Mike Harrington and Paul Hamilton in the face, even if this team was 20 games over .500 they'd still be hacks. I hate listening to the sophomoric asinine bullshit that they spew out. The fact that idiots like that have had paying journalist jobs for almost 15 years plus makes me puke. You're as vile as the last three games were.

Your hating on Mike Harrington doesn't make this team any better.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Well, it’s looking like yet another top ten pick for us. With the schedule coming up that could easily become top five.

We can hope, but I guess we pick, as always, around #8..

LOL. The names keep changing! The results stay exactly the same!

hypaspazz

Jan 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Turned off the game immediately after the Coyotes scored their fourth goal. The second and third period were atrocious for the Sabres. We can make excuses forever but this team needs to bleach the locker room and to cleanse the quitters mentality that has festered there for some time now. With the near wins in Colorado and Vegas, we should have been a hell of a lot better at defending the 2-0 lead in this game, even if it meant playing a boring game. Instead we made the 'Yotes look great in front of their fans. On the bright side, at least some fans are pleased with the way the Sabres are playing!

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Turned off the game immediately after the Coyotes scored their fourth goal. The second and third period were atrocious for the Sabres. We can make excuses forever but this team needs to bleach the locker room and to cleanse the quitters mentality that has festered there for some time now. With the near wins in Colorado and Vegas, we should have been a hell of a lot better at defending the 2-0 lead in this game, even if it meant playing a boring game. Instead we made the 'Yotes look great in front of their fans. On the bright side, at least some fans are pleased with the way the Sabres are playing!

Saying fuch it as a team because eichel hurt or kid in goal shouldn't be in nhl is truly lame.... and not winning at least for johansen kid alone is a bad look.. Dig deep or go home.. Even if you dont believe you can get in playoffs or agree w Botteril moves etc or are tired after two straight days of emotional hockey.. Total bs ... Dont want to blow up team just shame them w the add of an honorably messier type that hates fn losing any fn battie or game..

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Up 2-0 at like 5 minutes in the first period, having a great time, and then they unraveled like a broken yoyo. I was pissed, that I spent my time, money and patience and I had a good time with my best friend, but I was so livid.

Reactions: Chainshot

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Absolutely true and I’m glad people see it this way the league it too good people are just overreacting because buffalo....
There are very few of us still grasping sanity, I knew we weren't making playoffs but the small glimmer of hope was fun. Some people are completely unhinged tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad