Buffalo Sabres Trade History

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
That trade that happened on 9-18-85 is pretty funny, I never knew about that. :)

Also pretty amazing that nearly every pick we traded away over the years resulted in no one of any consequence. Pretty amusing that Briere was chosen with our pick and we ended up with him anyway.

Hockeyfanatic13

Aug 24, 2010
i like that we acquired a player by the name of Real Lemieux - didn't know there was a player with that name.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
i like that we acquired a player by the name of Real Lemieux - didn't know there was a player with that name.

Yeah that's a pretty cool name too. I wonder if he ever met Super-Mario so he could tell him to sit down, and won't the Real Lemieux please stand up, please stand up, please stand up.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
If only Buffalo played Hasek in 93 instead of Fuhr. Would of won the cup.

I think the Pomminville trade is one of the best in sabres history.

Last edited:

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Kind of cool to look at cause it lets me know when I started rooting for the Sabres...I remember the 12-2-81 trade but not the 3-10-81....

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
never knew Hawerchuk / Housley trade also included a swap of first rounders and we chose May with the 14th and the Jets chose Tkachuk with the 19th! ouch!

Puddy

Oct 24, 2002
parts unknown
Visit site
never knew Hawerchuk / Housley trade also included a swap of first rounders and we chose May with the 14th and the Jets chose Tkachuk with the 19th! ouch!

I think Brad May suffered a serious knee injury after he was drafted. Jets gambled on a fat kid named Tkachuk that turned out pretty well.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
The thing is with the trade we actually upgraded our first. So it was a good trade but bad draft choice.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
I think Brad May suffered a serious knee injury after he was drafted. Jets gambled on a fat kid named Tkachuk that turned out pretty well.

His son Matthew's not bad. Much better skater. Probably because he started playing at age 3, while his dad didn't start playing hockey till like 13 if I remember correctly.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
How much whiskey was responsible for the Rocky Farr deal? Did the league just sigh and roll with it?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
If only Buffalo played Hasek in 93 instead of Fuhr. Would of won the cup.

I think the Pomminville trade is one of the best in sabres history.

At the very least, if Hasek played and emerged then they wouldn't have had to make the Fuhr trade where they gave up a hell of a player in Andreychuk as well as a fairly high 1st rounder. That definitely turned out to be a waste of assets because Fuhr only adequately held the fort until Hasek emerged, quite possibly delaying that. On the plus side Fuhr was used in part to bring in Zhitnik who was one of the best defensemen we've had during my lifetime.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I forgot why did we ship Ray Sheppard out ? Probably worst trade in franchise history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad