Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
3qy7lj.jpg

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
It's my wife's fault. The Sabres were tied and playing well. And then she went to bed. Right before the 3rd period started.

She gonna have to pony up for this one !!! LoL

Gnight all. Arizona tomorrow. (Gonna lose that one too.......)

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
The disconnect between Krueger and Botterill has been really obvious the 2nd half of this season.
Shouldn’t these guys be in the same page with team needs?

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
The disconnect between Krueger and Botterill has been really obvious the 2nd half of this season.
Shouldn’t these guys be in the same page with team needs?

In what way?

At the trade deadline Botts kept all the UFAs that Krueger likes (Vesey, Girgs, Larsson) while he traded away the guys that was on his "not liked list" (Sheary and ERod.

The guys he brought in clearly has a touch of Krueger (Kahun being an old teammate of his son, and Simmonds who is known as a great character guy).

To me it looks like Krueger has a lot of influence.

Last edited:

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
If we get compliance buyouts at the next expansion draft and don't buy Skinner out I am going to lose it. He sucks

Yes, because if we didn’t have Skinner, we’d obviously be a much better team right now.

What we need is Skinner off the team and another high scoring winger instead, on the second line to make everything better. Everyone knows Skinner is the anchor on that line and not the two All-Stars he’s playing with.

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
And I would agree.

It's the brain freezes... the everyone stops skating and watches syndrome - that pisses me off. The work ethic is crap on this team overall. It's day to day who has it. Too many passengers who don't feel they need to overcompensate for their lack of talent in some manner.

Simmons was brought in I think, because of his reputation as a hardworker. However, it looks like he's past his prime.

Agreed. Just watched the highlights and have no idea what Miller, Joker & Eichel were doing at Vegas' goals. And Hutton doesn't exactly feel reliable either.

Member 308457

Only saw the first period then just watched the highlights.

First, Lehner is a much better (when he's not on the Sabres) goalie than Sutton, who regularly gets burned on wrap-arounds, one of the rarest types of goals in the NHL. Looked to me like lots of the Sabres "lack of finish" was Lehner. Buffalo needs to upgrade the goalies to compete with the big boys. Sorokin!

Jack seems to have disappeared. And along with him, Reinhart and Olofsson. In all fairness, think Jack's playing hurt. It is disturbing that a #2 overall pick like Sam has turned into a strictly complimentary player. Although he hasn't been given much of a chance to anchor his own line, I still like his skill set but I think he's become too dependent on Jack.

Thrilling to see Kahun bury one on his first shift. Several successful Sabres started this way.

Krueger is a good talker and he gets the effort out but not the results. Botterill is yet another GM failure. I want a proven NHL coach and GM, not one that Kim Pegula has her incompetent fingerprints on. Is that too much to ask?

Not missing Sheary, Rodrigues and Bogo. Got a chuckle with this comment from the Penguins board, who pretty much see what we have seen with Sheary and Rodrigues:

"E Rod should be sacrificed to famished Cannibals in primitive parts of Brazil!"

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
So much for meaningful games in March. We couldn’t even get there.
It may be for the better if it means Botts is gone. If this team went on a run while healthy, then Botts may have given another year. I dont know, I'm Trying to be optimistic.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Only saw the first period then just watched the highlights.

First, Lehner is a much better (when he's not on the Sabres) goalie than Sutton, who regularly gets burned on wrap-arounds, one of the rarest types of goals in the NHL. Looked to me like lots of the Sabres "lack of finish" was Lehner. Buffalo needs to upgrade the goalies to compete with the big boys. Sorokin!

Jack seems to have disappeared. And along with him, Reinhart and Olofsson. In all fairness, think Jack's playing hurt. It is disturbing that a #2 overall pick like Sam has turned into a strictly complimentary player. Although he hasn't been given much of a chance to anchor his own line, I still like his skill set but I think he's become too dependent on Jack.

Thrilling to see Kahun bury one on his first shift. Several successful Sabres started this way.

Krueger is a good talker and he gets the effort out but not the results. Botterill is yet another GM failure. I want a proven NHL coach and GM, not one that Kim Pegula has her incompetent fingerprints on. Is that too much to ask?

Not missing Sheary, Rodrigues and Bogo. Got a chuckle with this comment from the Penguins board, who pretty much see what we have seen with Sheary and Rodrigues:

"E Rod should be sacrificed to famished Cannibals in primitive parts of Brazil!"

To be fair, Don Sutton was a great baseball player. But he's too old to be playing goalie now.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
May I recommend watching a Tre’davious White Goaltending Institute of Louisiana video? You’ll be glad you did! (And the “Sutton” reference will make more sense....)

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Yes, because if we didn’t have Skinner, we’d obviously be a much better team right now.

What we need is Skinner off the team and another high scoring winger instead, on the second line to make everything better. Everyone knows Skinner is the anchor on that line and not the two All-Stars he’s playing with.
When are we gonna stop blaming the people around the guy who's not producing? He has to produce. No goals in 20 games....... is not his linemates. In that situation, an elite goal scorer would have done it on his own his own at least some of the time. People expend so much energy trying to defend Skinner. Maybe he's PART of the issue?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad