GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Ottawa Senators - 6PM - TSN5 - Battle of the Underachievers - Last chance to see last place teams playing their last games of 2024!

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
just tuned in to see Brannstrom playing forward and scoring a spinorama

wtf did i miss
Yes, I was traveling yesterday and just tuned in to the game several minutes into the 1st period. I kept seeing Brannstrom playing forward and wondered if I was imagining things and shouldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. I thought he looked pretty good.

We finally played a good game but I will temper the optimism a bit knowing the Win was against Buffalo.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
I'm telling ya, Brady's face when Jacques couldn't get the words out...Getting bad vibes as he is not feeling the coaching changes

You mean players do not have the green light to flip into shinny mode and are expected to play team D for real and not just wave a stick at the puck. It will be a tough love adjustment for some players. I won't read to much into a look during a game though.

With Martin likely just here for the rest of this season, it fits perfect that he can be the bad guy forcing changes for the better of the player and the team. That does not mean it will be welcomed by all.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I'm telling ya, Brady's face when Jacques couldn't get the words out...Getting bad vibes as he is not feeling the coaching changes
Talk about making something out of nothing.

Even if he didn't appreciate his ice time and the coaching change it's time to accept the challenges of being a leader on and off the ice. Like he said himself it's on the players now and if the first sight of pouting under a new teacher is his way of reacting then he needs to grow up and be a professional.

Collective buy in won't work if the top of the leader group sulks any time they see their playing time diminish.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
1704125290276.png

Ok here we go
1704125348095.png

Timmy looks over and smiles

1704124831045.png

Finding something humorous

1704124999202.png

Great limitations... Great Upside.. struggling to find the right words .. maybe Ceiling Upside works

Its a big difference from the Rah Rah .. exuberance of DJ and perhaps the more fluid English as well

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Staios has no real loyalty to any of these players since he didn’t draft or sign them. The next 50 games will be an evaluation period.

And if anyone doesn’t “feel” actually having to play like a professional for a staff that has standards and accountability, they can and should be traded. Tkachuk included.

The frat house is closed.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Staios has no real loyalty to any of these players since he didn’t draft or sign them. The next 50 games will be an evaluation period.

And if anyone doesn’t “feel” actually having to play like a professional for a staff that has standards and accountability, they can and should be traded. Tkachuk included.

The frat house is closed.
This is gangster shit

View attachment 793878
Ok here we go
View attachment 793879

View attachment 793876

View attachment 793877
Great limitations... Great Upside.. struggling to find the right words .. maybe Ceiling Upside works

Its a big difference from the Rah Rah .. exuberance of DJ and perhaps the more fluid English as well
Separate those two donkeys in the locker room. We’re trying to win a cup not running a kindergarten.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Don't care about his facial expressions or reading into them.

But Brady was being dumb when we had the 4-1 lead. Almost like he was trying to get a penalty.

Visibly losing his cool. And while we're winning? Probably pissed at the ice time reduction. But c'mon Brady we're winning.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Don't care about his facial expressions or reading into them.

But Brady was being dumb when we had the 4-1 lead. Almost like he was trying to get a penalty.

Visibly losing his cool. And while we're winning? Probably pissed at the ice time reduction. But c'mon Brady we're winning.
He was defending Forsberg. He got hacked on the hands a few times.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Coincidentally after the game where Brady f***ed up the least defensively

How bad is it. I refrain from watching because it may be too cringe
It’s two guys smirking in a room filled with smiling teammates. The viewer has to add their own meaning in order to make it even remotely cringy.

As for buying in, Brady and Stu both had good games, I’m not sure either can be tagged as resisting the coaching change.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Naw the play he got kicked out had nothing to do with Forsberg.

Refs kicked him out for a reason.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It’s two guys smirking in a room filled with smiling teammates. The viewer has to add their own meaning in order to make it even remotely cringy.

As for buying in, Brady and Stu both had good games, I’m not sure either can be tagged as resisting the coaching change.
Stu was bad cmon. Some of those giveaways looked like he was trying to get benched

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
It's too bad we didn't get Spezza on staff so he could at least counsel the young firebrands on not feeling too bad when being benched by Martin.

Schmautz11

Oct 5, 2007

Maybe it is just me, but Stutzle turned the puck over almost every time he touched it. He has not played well in a long time. The occasional flash of brilliance in between a lot of mediocre play.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Reactions: Bileur and DrEasy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Maybe it is just me, but Stutzle turned the puck over almost every time he touched it. He has not played well in a long time. The occasional flash of brilliance in between a lot of mediocre play.
I think since about game 15 that Stuetzle's game has regressed. Weakest 15 game segment of his career playing centre. Who knows what role injury might play in that

Reactions: coladin and DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Stutzle is nursing a wrist injury ... mentioned in Mendes article

Reactions: Emrasie

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
View attachment 793878
Ok here we go
View attachment 793879

View attachment 793876

View attachment 793877

I still don’t see much in their faces, others like Giroux and Batherson also look like they’re paying attention with a straight face. I think Brady just has that ‘face’ where it looks annoyed (resting you know what face)

If there is any difference from before, then it’s for the best and hopefully shows the coaching changes are rubbing off on the players, for better or worse; get to see who’s really serious about winning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad