Post-Game Talk: Buffalo Sabres at New York Rangers 4/2/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
If Boston loses to The Hawks do we Clinch? It's pretty apparent this team can't clinch on their own.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well, that was a bummer, so here's bummed out cat winning the Stanley Cup

CfErjf7W8AAwGU9.jpg:large

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
If Boston loses to The Hawks do we Clinch? It's pretty apparent this team can't clinch on their own.

no, we need a combination of things but given that PHI and DET play and DET play with BOS, it would have to end with DET getting 3 points, Boston getting 2, and Philly getting 1 from those two games for us to be sank assuming they win out except for about 3 point between them and we lose out.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Tampa is still a threat IMO.

And of course Boston has Bergeron who is simply the greatest living human, but they have little else.

Don't really like Florida at all.
Well yeah there's positives about Tampa and Boston and Florida and Detroit. All teams have positives.

However, it would be unbelievably easier to make the ECF by playing Florida/Tampa and then Boston/Detroit than it would be Pittsburgh and then Washington.

It's almost comical how much harder the road through the Met is.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well yeah there's positives about Tampa and Boston and Florida and Detroit. All teams have positives.

However, it would be unbelievably easier to make the ECF by playing Florida/Tampa and then Boston/Detroit than it would be Pittsburgh and then Washington.

It's almost comical how much harder the road through the Met is.

No, I agree. I think the Metro Finals is basically the Eastern Conference Finals.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
The downside is goaltenders don't make teams better, they just hide flaws.

I think the real downside was wasting the high picks this team had in 2003 and 2004 to add to Lundqvist.

This front office has wasted every high pick since drafting Henrik, 2010 included. Imagine a couple of impact top 6 / top 4 players in entry level and RFA years to go with a prime Henrik.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
This season I'm finding more enjoyment from watching other teams play... Looking forward to Hawks/Bruins tomorrow....

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
This is right before the third goal. Four guys all watching the same, very non-dangerous Buffalo player. No one in this frame has any idea how any of the trailing players are going to be entering the zone.

lPaVojm.jpg

Lundqvist still makes the first save on Girgensons...

Rebound goes up the middle. Too hot for Klein to handle, but Fast is completely lost on this play. Girgensons goes right around him and buries it.

Now, it's all nice and well to say that you want Hank to make these saves. Heavy is the head that wears the crown; and not only is he the king, but he gets paid like one. But saying **** like "3 goals on 9 shots" is total crap and you all know that.

You want him to make these saves because he spoils you 95% of nights. And I want him to make these saves, too. I know he can make these saves. He knows he can make these saves.

But... whatever.

It's a nice change of pace. Was pretty sure I'd step into this thread and see 100 posts railing Nash for getting robbed by Johnson.

:D

I love u.... Henrik is not to blame for tonight's loss...Kevin klein...and av trotting him out shift after shift when h was putrid...was. As was the rest of the team..?the Buffalo announcers basically called our d Swiss cheese...they aren't wrong.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Kevin Klein was worse than Dan girardi has ever been...he was beyond putrid...and it was from **** one....torts would benched him early.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Would Hasek have been an immortal if he had never been traded near the end of his career and gotten a Cup?

He had 2 Harts and 6 Vezinas in 8 years so he'd have gone to the hall either way...but winning the cup felt like it moved him from "one of" to "the" status...even though he hoisted it both times after his best was over.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Kevin Klein had maybe his worst game as a Ranger

He was absolutely putrid. I thought he was really bad the past few games honestly. But tonight was absolutely the worst he's looked all year.

McDonagh looked pretty bad too especially in the first period.

In their post game comments none of the players seem too bothered. It's like they don't seem to think its a big deal.

They were complete garbage.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He was absolutely putrid. I thought he was really bad the past few games honestly. But tonight was absolutely the worst he's looked all year.

McDonagh looked pretty bad too especially in the first period.

In their post game comments none of the players seem too bothered. It's like they don't seem to think its a big deal.

They were complete garbage.

AV...

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Look at a generational defenseman.

When Karlsson is on the ice the Senators are a very good possession team. When he's not on the ice they're an absolute garbage possession team.

The Rangers are still an absolute garbage possession team whether Hank is on the ice, off the ice, under the ice, or jumping on his pogo stick.

That's the downside of goaltending.

So then all blame should be directed towards personnel decisions that lead to bad D and possession. There has been a cavalcade of these in the last 3 years

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
1st wild card spot is the place to be. They have a better shot going through TB and Fla than Pitt and Wash.

Um excuse me, but the worthless berube and strait show will ensure that little ***** crosby is alllllllllll yours.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
As an isles fan, remember this magical isles rangers series that was going to happen?

Good times. Now we have brian strait playing 20 minutes a night. Come at us, brahs.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Look at a generational defenseman.

When Karlsson is on the ice the Senators are a very good possession team. When he's not on the ice they're an absolute garbage possession team.

The Rangers are still an absolute garbage possession team whether Hank is on the ice, off the ice, under the ice, or jumping on his pogo stick.

That's the downside of goaltending.
What kind of example is that? A really good team has several star players. NYR has Hank and...? Ottawa has Karlsson and...? Blackhawks have Kane, Keith and Toews at a minimum. Pittsburgh have only Crosby and Malkin, so they've struggled, more so than us. LA has Kopitar, Doughty and Quick. It doesn't matter if one of your key players is a goalie, as long as there actually are other key players. When a team wins a cup and there can actually be a legit discussion who should win the Conn Smythe among 3-4 players, you have a cup team. You don't have a cup team when the same player is the obvious choice, year after year.

When a team actually has more anchors than carriers, it's not exactly an uplifting experience going into the playoffs. This team won't go far, for very obvious reasons that have repeatedly been shown on full disply for basically the entire season. And that this team has a big chance to reach yet another undeserved playoff round is not despite the team having a franchise goalie, it's because the team has a franchise goalie.

Personally, I would like for this team to not reach the playoffs, embarrass themselves and let AV keep his job. It's much better if they miss the playoffs, the team is blown up and they start over. The cup window has passed. The bad part is, they have nothing to rebuild with, they can't. As was mentioned before on this board, NYR is now in Vancouver mode.

If nothing else, they need the rest so they can survive the next season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad