Buffalo Sabres 2014 NHL Draft preview

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The Buffalo Sabres' horrendous start to the 2013-14 season was the clear signal that the team needed to make drastic changes. Ted Nolan replaced Ron Rolston as head coach early in the season, and Darcy Regier was fired after 16 years with the team after a few disappointing seasons and a spotty draft record.

In January, Tim Murray was hired as the new general manager to turn the organization around. Coming from a scouting background, Murray has been tasked with finding and fostering young talent to turn them into winners.

The future for the Sabres is quite bright. Though their top prospects have had their ups and downs, some of it can be attributed to poor decisions made by the previous management.… read more

More...

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
A captain for the Ice, Reinhart is a contributor with or without the puck and manages to perform his best during crunch time. He sees the ice well and often makes the right play, but what really separates him from Sam Bennett are his leadership abilities. Leon Draisaitl brings a great mix of size and skill, but Reinhart is more likely to wear a letter some day.
Thats how I see it too.

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
would love to se us take Reinheart and have him play with the big team from day one.no matter who we take at 2 i just hope they dont get sent down

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
What does the author think about “The separation between Bennett and Reinhart goes two ways. One, Reinhart’s skating gets docked a mark…something that maybe improves with more strength and work. Two, Reinhart doesn’t make players around him better the way Bennett does… That won’t change at the next level.â€

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-...snets-exclusive-2014-nhl-draft-rankings-1-10/

personally I don't see it but I was wonder what the author thought about that review....

donpaulo

Capt Barry Beck
May 19, 2003
nihon
www.billcorfield.com
It was a well written article

but I am afraid I don't agree with the logic saying the Sabres need size at pivot, then pass on Leon Draisaitl ?

Further saying that because Buffalo needs leadership they select Bennett over LD. Yes Bennett has the desire and motivation but at 18 years old to "LEAD" the Sabres is a stretch at best.

Here is how I see things unfolding. Buffalo takes the center with size in LD, then spends their money on UFA to bring in "leadership".

Ryan Callahan would be the best fit.

The Sabres also have spend money to reach the cap floor.

Who can say what will happen, but I think IF the Sabres want size and skill at pivot and LD is there for them to take its a no brainer.

I suppose whomever they select it continues the rebuild near Niagara. Best of luck to the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad