Pre-Game Talk: Buffalo Rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Our defense looks better with Methot and Cowen out? Give me your dealer's number right meow.

Flu has hit other guys in the room as well. Bobby Ryan had it (and may still have it) and they mentioned that Greening and Neil were under the weather as well.

When one guy gets the flu, it spreads through the locker room fast...and we fans know all too well how the flu can eff up a team.

Boo hoo.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
The sens winning 2 games in a row?

mj-laughing.gif
laughing-gif-22zppmz.gif

This got me laughing.

We have the Kings Saturday. Getting a point from them would be dandy. 2 would be stupendous.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
You know what would be nice tonight? IF Buffalo scores a goal, if we can avoid microanalyzing it so we can play only the goaltender for letting it in.

It'd be really cool if people figured out goaltending isn't the issue with this team.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
All season we have had an issue with too many LHD and them having to play the right side.

Tonight is the opposite problem.

I would have expected either Claesson or Boro up because of this but I am looking forward to seeing Ceci up as well.

Iconoclast

Lifestyle on camera
May 2, 2013
Toronto
This is Buffalo we're talking about. Tyler Ennis is their 1C. I'm surprised they've scored more than 9 goals all year.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
We went to the finals with 4 offensive defensemen. St. Louis and Chicago, arguably the best two teams in the league play 3-4 offensive defensemen every night.

Yeah but theirs are good.

Outside of Karlsson our offensive defensemen have been mediocre at best, particularly in their own end.

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
Yeah but theirs are good.

Outside of Karlsson our offensive defensemen have been mediocre at best, particularly in their own end.

Agreed, but I wouldn't worry too much about how this group will perform. Look how hopeless our defense looks when Phillips, Cowen, Methot, Borowiecki and Gryba play. Conversely, since Wier and Corvo have been playing regularly, they're much better as a group.

I'm more worried about Gryba than our offensive d this evening.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Agreed, but I wouldn't worry too much about how this group will perform. Look how hopeless our defense looks when Phillips, Cowen, Methot, Borowiecki and Gryba play. Conversely, since Wier and Corvo have been playing regularly, they're much better as a group.

I'm more worried about Gryba than our offensive d this evening.

This is true.

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
Furthermore, when your best players are Karlsson, Spezza, and Ryan (and MacArthur and Turris), you NEED to play a skilled, puck possession game. I expect Cody Ceci to fill right in.

It's no surprise to me that Spezza's play has improved since we stopped dressing 5 plodders on the back end.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Furthermore, when your best players are Karlsson, Spezza, and Ryan (and MacArthur and Turris), you NEED to play a skilled, puck possession game. I expect Cody Ceci to fill right in.

It's no surprise to me that Spezza's play has improved since we stopped dressing 5 plodders on the back end.

Very true :)

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Twittson: Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally 44s

Methot will miss tonight's game due to flu. Anderson starts
---

Glad to see Andy starting. Let's get him going on a roll here! Lehner will be back next week on the back to back.

Jeez. Hopefully he's not sharing his water bottle with other Sens. Maybe 4-5 more go down w flu and we see more Bingo lads play this w/e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad