Confirmed Signing with Link: Buffalo re-signs Zemgus Girgensons [1 year]

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You should work on your reading comprehension. It was implied that Girgensons is in fact still a prospect who is bound to become a better player because of his young age, which is false. Although it is indeed a very common misconception among laymen, which is why the forward peak statistic was used to establish the fact that it is usually not the case.

You still haven't provided a source to back up that claim.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
Even if he never scores more than 10 goals again, I love his tenacity and compete level. I would have been comfortable with paying him up to 2 million, so I'm ecstatic about the dollar amount. He's definitely usefull for wearing the opponent down. Dude doesn't stop until the buzzer.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
The all time best peak considerably earlier.

For point production it may be younger but they hit their all round peak mid to late 20's. Even the elite of the elite young forwards are defensive liabilities their first few seasons, and that's with being sheltered.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Prove it to me contract, have a feeling this year is going to be his make it or break it year.

In regards to what? He's only 22 years old. Girgensons will always be an effective top 9 player at the very least.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Prove it to me contract, have a feeling this year is going to be his make it or break it year.

Girgensons was always looked at as a defensive 3rd line forward coming out of the draft.

In year 2 he put up decent numbers and s poor team. With that team he had an advantage because he knew the coach and his style.

Year 3 coach change, system change, he is unsure of his role with the team.

Likely buffalo goes with foligno-larsson-Gionta line. This line could be something of foligno-larsdon-Girgensons if Girgs doesn't produce with the top 3 or is overtaken by other players who produce better offensivly.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
The all time best peak considerably earlier.

That may be true for overall point production, but I'd question whether it's true for all-around contributions.

It's also not really relevant when discussing Girgensons.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Grigerenko is making more than him... Last year Girgensons was considered untouchable by the Sabres.

I still dont trade him unless its part of a big package. The guy is more than 18 pts, hes much better than looking up the stats he put up. Hes shown it and had a down year. Hes 22 im not giving up on him rounding back into form, the kid never stops working his ass off.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
I still dont trade him unless its part of a big package. The guy is more than 18 pts, hes much better than looking up the stats he put up. Hes shown it and had a down year. Hes 22 im not giving up on him rounding back into form, the kid never stops working his ass off.

Even if he floats at around a 20 point third liner I don't think they let him go. He's the type of player you need in the playoffs and his defensive game makes up for perceived offensive deficiencies. He was being picked as the next captain 2 years ago, he and O'Reilly are the hardest working players on the team, and he can fill in as a 1 or 2 C when/if needed. That's a valuable asset imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad