Proposal: Buffalo/Ottawa

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Pretty simple one:

:sabres Tierney

:sens Montour

Ottawa is in dire need of a capable RD and Buffalo looks like they could use a centre. Both players are RFA.

Slightly different:

:sabres Tierney, Reilly

:sens Montour, AHL player(s)

Same reasoning as above but gives Buffalo a decent LD option for a year. Ottawa are likely to sign Boro again which will create an extra body on that side.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Seems like an ok trade for both sides. But Buffalo just traded for Montour, not sure if they're ready to ship him off already.
I guess it depends on if the new GM in Buffalo wants to shape the team to his vision, and if Tierney fits that.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Id do the 2nd one as a sens fan, have a top 6 like:

Chabot-Montour
Brannstrom-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Boro
Zub

I could see Montour potentially being a Methot esque add for us

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I read that Montour was having trouble adjusting to the system that Krueger is running. If that's true a trade like this would make a ton of sense. Especially since Buffalo may be looking to trade for forward/winger help.

You might get some fans from either side valuing their guy more and wanting an add but this is a surprisingly a good proposal.

Reactions: truthbluth

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Montour will be great on any team that's not buffalo. He hasn't had any steady/consistent partners on top of that he's been asked to play on his offside.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
As a fan, I would agree to either trade proposal. But I have really never watched Tierney or Reilly so I have no idea if they would fit into Krueger's vision.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
That might solve our 3rd line center problem, but they would still need a 2nd line center...because Tierney and his 37 points is not that.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
That might solve our 3rd line center problem, but they would still need a 2nd line center...because Tierney and his 37 points is not that.
Tierney will be our best 2C in the last two years, it's better than nothing at all.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’d do it. But yikes our C depth once Tierney is gone. It’s not even anywhere near pretty with him in rn lol

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I’d do it. But yikes our C depth once Tierney is gone. It’s not even anywhere near pretty with him in rn lol

Valid point. I think we have to assume this year is a graduation year for all or most of Norris, Brown, Batherson. It's not gonna be pretty but I can't see how it doesn't happen.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Addresses shortfalls on both rosters, and you didn't offer scraps for Jack, so good job OP. Done.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I'd do it. I never really warmed up to Tierny on the Sens. He's ok I guess. However Montour fits a RD need.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Wow. A good proposal that seems to have gotten approval from everyone.

And, it was easy to read and didn't involve a diatribe or tome trying to explain the (typically bogus) rational behind the proposal.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I think Buffalo would lose that one pretty badly in the longrun.

But considering how bad things look in Buffalo, it wouldn't shock me to see something like this.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I've been championing Montour for Tierney for a month.

Sabres are in. Call your GM, we'll call ours, let's do it today.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Valid point. I think we have to assume this year is a graduation year for all or most of Norris, Brown, Batherson. It's not gonna be pretty but I can't see how it doesn't happen.

Yep I completely agree, which is why I’d do the trade. Just worried about them being slightly rushed into the role if it happened earlier in the season

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Still hope for Middlestat? I know he hasn’t done much yet I guess, but he’s still young. How do you guys feel about him at this point?

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
My first thought is an RD that is a top 4 is worth more than Tierney.

But it seems that many Sabres fans are ok with this deal, and Ottawa really needs a decent RD.

So, sounds great!!! :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad