Speculation: Buffalo needs a Captain...Trade or FA suggestions ?

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
Other guys that I would look at, not sure if they are even available...

Jonathan Marchessault (pretty sure Vegas priced themselves out of resigning him)
Boone Jenner
Travis Konecny
Jake Guentzel
Leon Draisaitl (If he chooses not to resign in Edmonton)

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
This may be an unpopular suggestion with other Caps fans, not sure.

John Carlson

He is from the NJ area I think. 2 years remaining on his contract at $8m. I don't know how we would replace him tbh, and we kinda need him to finish the Ovi to 895 job.

I'd be listening to offers. Perfect C for you Sabres.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
1713365185450.png

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
I would give you Tom Wilson (for a fair overpayment) but the Caps probably wouldn't

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yes, it's clearly been telegraphed. But if the Sabres truly go get a veteran independent coach -- I will believe this when I see it -- that coach could have his own ideas.

I mean, we can all see who this team’s strongest leader is on and off the ice. If a coach tapped anyone other than Dahlin, that would just make me question the coach.

Reactions: Chainshot

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I mean, we can all see who this team’s strongest leader is on and off the ice. If a coach tapped anyone other than Dahlin, that would just make me question the coach.

I don't disagree, but a coach can have his own reasons. I think if the captain is dictated for any new coach, I question what type of coach takes the job. Nobody is telling Torts who his captain should be. Now, he could come to Dahlin for sure but guys like him don't put up with much shit.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I don't disagree, but a coach can have his own reasons. I think if the captain is dictated for any new coach, I question what type of coach takes the job. Nobody is telling Torts who his captain should be. Now, he could come to Dahlin for sure but guys like him don't put up with much shit.
They're also not just going to sign a guy for a head coach to handpick as the captain in a brand new dressing room. Weird dynamic to bring into a team

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Dahlin makes the soft play a lot and coughs up the puck.

I'm also remembering an anti-Power thread we had where the culprit in the highlight was clearly Dahlin, not Power. Great player but I don't see captain material unless you want to have a soft immature team.

The Tanev suggestion makes a lot more sense. That or Tuch.

Imagine thinking Dahlin is soft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad