Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
:sabres
Jason Zucker
:wild
Alex Nylander
1st 2019 (#28)

Reasons
Buffalo: Gets a Jeff Skinner replacement if he decides not to re-sign with the Sabres.

Minnesota: Continue getting younger and gaining cap space. Swap a lefty for a righty.

Thoughts? Counter proposals?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Always have to give the caveat that I’m not all that eager to trade Zucker, but if it was for this, I think I could stomach it. I don’t dislike Nylander as much as some.

San Jose’s pick is looking like it’ll be a little higher than 28th though.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don’t see Buffalo doing this unless Skinner is definitely not re-signing, and even then it’s iffy.

From my perspective, I don’t believe in Nylander at all. That said, I’ve been wrong before, and if that pick ends up being 20-25, that could be a decent deal for us.

I wouldn’t be upset if the deal happened, but it wouldn’t be my first choice either.

Ronnbergundy

Jun 18, 2015
Frolunda
Buffalo says no. Zucker comes with a 5.5 mil cap hit for four more years, and scores around 20 goals a season most years. Why would we give you a young prospect and a first round pick when we could instead sign (for example) Micheal Ferland, who is the same age, plays the same position, brings close to the same amount of points, and will likely sign for less.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Buffalo says no. Zucker comes with a 5.5 mil cap hit for four more years, and scores around 20 goals a season most years. Why would we give you a young prospect and a first round pick when we could instead sign (for example) Micheal Ferland, who is the same age, plays the same position, brings close to the same amount of points, and will likely sign for less.

Well for one, because there’s no guarantee he wants to sign with you.

I get not wanting to do the deal, but if your only reason is because you’re assuming you’re going to sign one free agent that 15 other teams will be after?

Ronnbergundy

Jun 18, 2015
Frolunda
Well for one, because there’s no guarantee he wants to sign with you.

I get not wanting to do the deal, but if your only reason is because you’re assuming you’re going to sign one free agent that 15 other teams will be after?

I named one free agent, with Ferland as the example because he's a near perfect comparable. There's plenty of other free agents out there that the Sabres could sign. Left wing is pretty dry this year besides top players like Panarin and Skinner, but theres still other options at LW (Vanek), and a lot of guys available at RW.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Nah from Buffalo. That's prime compensation for a non prime asset, that many in Minny fear has exceeded its peak.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
The Sabres aren’t going to trade two young assets for a 27-year-old.
That’s a bigger price than they paid for Montour, who is younger, cheaper and better than Zucker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad