Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
This team just has no situational awareness. Twice going low on the QB for no reason on critical plays (well the first one at least) and then trying to intercept another Hail Mary. Inexcusable

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
The offense sputtering again but saved by the long PI and Beasley trick play.

Allen has thrown for less than 160 yards in 3 out of the last 6 games. Saved by the defense just sending linebackers at Herbert and Herbert choking.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
This team just has no situational awareness. Twice going low on the QB for no reason on critical plays (well the first one at least) and then trying to intercept another Hail Mary. Inexcusable

These kinds of problems and things like absurdly dumb throws, poor ball security leading to fumbles, other bad penalties, etc. are issues I didn't see coming up for them under McD

Reactions: SabresFan26

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
They had to fight off horrendous officiating as well, to be fair. The personal foul against Moss, the phantom holding call on Dawkins (taking the personal foul there after the play wouldn't have hurt nearly as bad, because it'd still have been 1st and 10), giving the Chargers the catch on 4th and 17 when it should have been incomplete (meaning the hail mary should have never happened) and somehow not reviewing it....

That was seriously as bad (and one-sided) a 10 minute span of officiating as I've ever seen

Reactions: Onslow

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Allen has thrown for less than 160 yards in 3 out of the last 6 games. Saved by the defense just sending linebackers at Herbert and Herbert choking.

Allen fumbling cost them at least 3 points, Singletary fumbling made them lose the ball close to midfield. Besides his stupid INT and a couple hero ball moments I thought he played ok for only having 24 pass attempts.

Having no Brown massively limits their intermediate/deep game though

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Frustrating game to watch, still won though.

Things started going down hill rapidly when Allen taunted that Chargers player after running in his TD.

Bills need to practice protecting against hail mary desperation plays in the dying seconds of the game. They've failed at it in two games now, and it cost them one game.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
And the coach not screaming move your ass on the helmet Mic is on him.
Herbert only has the speaker in his headphone. There was one play to Henry where he got up, held the ball for a few seconds and then tossed it back to the ref running in and then walked back to the huddle. He actually did it a second time but it was the two minute warning. There was also one where I think Allen made a catch and he was looking for the ref, found him, got him the ball quick, then inexplicably walked back to the pseudo huddle/breakout

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The sloppiness/self-inflicted mistakes will doom them against better and/or better coached opponents

I see this narrative a lot, and I don't really get it. The Bills have the 5th toughest schedule in the NFL and are winning plenty. They're also the first team to beat the Chargers by more than 1 score this season.

There are things I'd like to see the team improve at, but I think they've pretty clearly established they can win against other good teams.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
They had to fight off horrendous officiating as well, to be fair. The personal foul against Moss, the phantom holding call on Dawkins (taking the personal foul there after the play wouldn't have hurt nearly as bad, because it'd still have been 1st and 10), giving the Chargers the catch on 4th and 17 when it should have been incomplete (meaning the hail mary should have never happened) and somehow not reviewing it....

That was seriously as bad (and one-sided) a 10 minute span of officiating as I've ever seen

I seriously have no idea how that wasn’t reviewed. Like, no clue at all. McDermott should have taken a timeout there to force the issue.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There

They were running the ball well and in the lead comfortably most of the game, so I don’t mind the lack of passing.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
We’re 12 weeks in. What’s it looking like the magic number will be for an AFC playoff spot? 10/11 wins?

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
49ers somehow in position to beat LA. Best possible scenario in my opinion. Play them after an emotional win.

also lost 2 two corners carted off.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
We’re 12 weeks in. What’s it looking like the magic number will be for an AFC playoff spot? 10/11 wins?
I think, even with the extra wildcard spot this year, the way things are currently stacking up in the AFC, 10 wins minimum will be needed to get in.

With Miami on our heals, I think we need to beat SF next week because I think Miami with beat Cincinnati so we need to keep our game lead. Thankfully the week we play Pittsburgh, Miami plays KC so even if we lose to Pittsburgh, Miami will have a hard battle.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Ugly, ugly game. The offense trips over its self repeatedly. It happens too often. This would've been a blow out if it werent for careless errors and mental lapses. They need to get their sh** together, though.

The defense is coming around, which is good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad