Buffalo Bills 2019 Regular Season (6-2) - Next game @ Cleveland (2/6) on 11/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That mess in KC ranks up there along the worst
It seems like they'll make a bad call, then make a make-up call to offset the bad call, then make a make-up call to offset the make-up call, and the cycle continues until we all evaporate in a blackhole.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Darnolds first game back. Makes the Bills win vs the Jets look better

It may make the Bills win took better however overall it probably reinforces the questions surrounding the Cowboys more so than it improves the optics of the win versus the Jets. Dallas has beat the Giants with Eli, Washington and Miami while losing to New Orleans, GB, and the Jets. The Jets are better with Darnold than they are with the Siemian and Falk plus some teams with a new coach improve as the season progresses. The Jets weren't as bad as the three losses indicated.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I had the game on, but more as background noise as I did other things. What happened in KC?

KC has the ball around the Houston 30, Mahomes throws a poor pass to the end zone which is intercepted resulting in a touchback, flag thrown in the secondary during the play, pass interference was called or intended to be called, officials discuss further then decide there can't be pass interference on the play because the ball was not thrown near the player however Kelce was tackled yards down field and the PI flag should have been changed to a holding or illegal contact foul, instead they pick up the flag and give Houston the ball.

Last edited:

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
So the Chargers do not have many home fans now ? There home in LA is for visiting fans who live in LA or travel there for vacation. Weird that the NFL lets this go on. Glad we have the best fans in the NFL. #Billsmafia

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
So the Chargers do not have many home fans now ? There home in LA is for visiting fans who live in LA or travel there for vacation. Weird that the NFL lets this go on. Glad we have the best fans in the NFL. #Billsmafia
LA has always been a joke for home team fans. That is why franchise's continue to move out of there. The NFL allows them to keep going back because they get massive relocation fees and know they will double dip once the team moves out. Plus it is a major area so they get tons of money to be there. It's an ugly cycle.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
LA has always been a joke for home team fans. That is why franchise's continue to move out of there. The NFL allows them to keep going back because they get massive relocation fees and know they will double dip once the team moves out. Plus it is a major area so they get tons of money to be there. It's an ugly cycle.

I think we seen this week with the NBA that the pro leagues care about the loot and all the rest is PR.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Don't see how you can really do that in the NFL considering how extremely unbalanced the schedules are.
It isn’t without its problems of course but I just don’t like “winning a division” as an automatic bid. Especially as you just stated there is unbalance in divisions. How often do teams get an almost guaranteed bid because the rest of their division is just plain bad.
Get rid of divisions? Make it an 8 team playoff per conference? I don’t know the best answer but I just personally don’t like auto division winners making it. Not when you only have 2 other spots. I wouldn’t mind it as much if there was 4 spots VS 2 available after the division winners. Not that the playoff structure will ever change.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
It isn’t without its problems of course but I just don’t like “winning a division” as an automatic bid. Especially as you just stated there is unbalance in divisions. How often do teams get an almost guaranteed bid because the rest of their division is just plain bad.
Get rid of divisions? Make it an 8 team playoff per conference? I don’t know the best answer but I just personally don’t like auto division winners making it. Not when you only have 2 other spots. I wouldn’t mind it as much if there was 4 spots VS 2 available after the division winners. Not that the playoff structure will ever change.

Just go the NHL route: 8 teams per conference, but each division #1 hosts #2 in the 1st round! MOAR RIVALRIES!

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Don't see how you can really do that in the NFL considering how extremely unbalanced the schedules are.

Thry could fo something like in the NBA where divisional winners get one home game but the Leagur championship is based only on record rank.

In nba division winners gets to start first round with home court but later rounds they lose home court to better record team.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

But the schedule is made around divisions. The best team in division makes the playoffs.

If a team goes 5-1 or better in their division over 95% of the time they make the playoffs.

You could have 4 8 team divisions and they pair up each year creating 2 16 team conferences. The conference winner clinch a bye then toop 6 after make playoffs.similsr format of 8 4team divisions that merge into one conference and rotate season to season and play other 15 teams each one game.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I had the game on, but more as background noise as I did other things. What happened in KC?

Mahomes saw a flag early and thought he had a free play and took a chance but got picked.

They waive off PI. But they could have called holding on defense or illegal contact after 5 yards but didn’t.

If they threw a flag because of contact and the ball wasn’t thrown to them it changes the call ftom PI yo someyhing rlsr, the other isdue st play here. On a long pass that takes 5 seconds. The CB tackles the receiver thrn claim it wasn’t intended for him because he was not near the ball so no penalty.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Mahomes saw a flag early and thought he had a free play and took a chance but got picked.

They waive off PI. But they could have called holding on defense or illegal contact after 5 yards but didn’t.

If they threw a flag because of contact and the ball wasn’t thrown to them it changes the call ftom PI yo someyhing rlsr, the other isdue st play here. On a long pass that takes 5 seconds. The CB tackles the receiver thrn claim it wasn’t intended for him because he was not near the ball so no penalty.

Mahomes said he was throwing to a spot where Kelce was supposed to be. But Kelce couldn't get there since he was wrestled to the ground.

Ugly game where there was a flag every other play. Refs wanted to be part of the game in a bad way.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
16.5 point favorites. Please for the love of god, don’t shit the bed and take this historically bad dolphins team for granted.

I just feel like this team won’t overlook a team with McDermott at the helm. I hope I’m right.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
RE: playoff formatting, I'd like to see WC teams get home field advantage if they have a better record than the division winner they're playing. But division winners still get in automatically.

Division winners + 2 best non-division winners qualify, all seeding (including byes) should be based on records? I could go for that, although I'm not sure there's really a need to mess with the format right now.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Division winners + 2 best non-division winners qualify, all seeding (including byes) should be based on records? I could go for that, although I'm not sure there's really a need to mess with the format right now.

that’s an interesting idea! It would be fixing a problem that doesn’t appear all too often...of course until the bills have a road playoff game against a team with 4 less wins than them or something

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Yeah, you articulated the set-up more clearly than I did. I was mostly thinking of just WC implications for those instances like the early 2010s when Seattle finished with a 7-9 record and got to host a 10-6 or 11-5 Saints team because the rest of the NFC West was trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad