Buffalo Bills 2019 Regular Season (6-2) - Next game @ Cleveland (2/6) on 11/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
5th went with Sanders to SF actually.

3rd & 4th is still a bit much but 9ers were desperate for a WR

If Sanders gets that there's no way a team is going to give up a first for AJ Green. That was just Twitter noise. Saying that I would still think hard about giving up a third and hope you can sign him to a two or three-year deal in the offseason.

Do I believe it might happen? No. Beane's staff have showed they do not have a great evaluation on the position (minus Brown) in general and I feel they will go with what they have. Can that win you a playoff game?

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
From USA Today

What would Tom Brady do if he actually left the Patriots in 2020?

so outlandish yet one of the major media outlets in the world also brought it up :laugh:

3. Try to end the Patriots division win streak in Buffalo

If Brady wanted to make a point of dueling against his former boss, this would definitely be the right destination. The defense is really good. The offensive line is still under construction — but would look a lot better with Brady’s quick release. And offensive coordinator Brian Daboll fell from Bill Belichick’s coaching tree. (Daboll was once the tight ends coach in New England.) Daboll could surely put together an offense that fits Brady nicely. After playing in January in New England, Brady shouldn’t have an issue with the cold weather in Buffalo.
The one thing that might dissuade Brady — aside from the regular matchups against Belichick, which most sane quarterbacks wouldn’t want twice a year — is the composition of the receiving corps. But perhaps Brady would bring out the best in John Brown and Cole Beasley. And perhaps the Bills can find another receiver in free agency or on the trade market to sweeten the deal for Brady.

Brady to Buffalo is not outlandish it is actually the best move Buffalo could ever make. Josh Allen, at ANY point in his career will never be as good as even a 42/43 year old Tom Brady.

I love your dedication to being a fan! But sometimes it gets in the way of realism, which is totally fine as what else are sports but for us to have fun. I wish it wasn’t, but Brady coming here is two stops past outlandish.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
From USA Today

What would Tom Brady do if he actually left the Patriots in 2020?

so outlandish yet one of the major media outlets in the world also brought it up :laugh:

3. Try to end the Patriots division win streak in Buffalo

If Brady wanted to make a point of dueling against his former boss, this would definitely be the right destination. The defense is really good. The offensive line is still under construction — but would look a lot better with Brady’s quick release. And offensive coordinator Brian Daboll fell from Bill Belichick’s coaching tree. (Daboll was once the tight ends coach in New England.) Daboll could surely put together an offense that fits Brady nicely. After playing in January in New England, Brady shouldn’t have an issue with the cold weather in Buffalo.
The one thing that might dissuade Brady — aside from the regular matchups against Belichick, which most sane quarterbacks wouldn’t want twice a year — is the composition of the receiving corps. But perhaps Brady would bring out the best in John Brown and Cole Beasley. And perhaps the Bills can find another receiver in free agency or on the trade market to sweeten the deal for Brady.

Brady to Buffalo is not outlandish it is actually the best move Buffalo could ever make. Josh Allen, at ANY point in his career will never be as good as even a 42/43 year old Tom Brady. Unlike 99% of Bills fans I don't automatically hate Brady and wish him ill. I respect the GOAT and Brady in Buffalo would be the closest chance we will probably ever get to go after a Super Bowl. I would have traded 4 1st rounders for a 38 year old Tom Brady back in 2015. He is that amazing.

3e25g8.jpg

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I love your dedication to being a fan! But sometimes it gets in the way of realism, which is totally fine as what else are sports but for us to have fun. I wish it wasn’t, but Brady coming here is two stops past outlandish.

Never said it wasn't. But it is looking like Brady is setting himself up to test free agency. And if that ever did happen then it would be foolish not to enquire on signing Tom freakin Brady. The guy is an elite QB at 42 and wants to play til 45. Even 3 years of Brady would be enough to possibly win us a Super Bowl.

If Brady does go to free agency I guarantee half the league would call his agent. And that includes teams with already supposed franchise QBs. The only teams who wouldn't enquire would be KC, Dallas, Seattle, Atlanta, Houston,New Orleans, the Cardinals, Eagles and probably the Rams. The rest of the league would absolutely bid for Brady and 45-50 mil a season is definitely possible.

Dak Prescott is demanding 40 mil a season. You don't think an open market Tom Brady is worth 50? I do. Brady turns average players into weapons. Look at his weapons. Julian Edelman is a fine WR but he is boosted by Brady. Sony Michel is nothing special. They have no legit tight end. Josh Gordon is unreliable. Their 2nd best receiving option is a pass catching RB. And at 42 years of age Brady is on pace for 4500 passing yards, 25 pass TDs and already has 3 rush TDs. His passing TDs will also go up as his last 3 games have skewed his #s.

Anyway enough about Brady that can be talked about in the spring if he does walk away from New England. The Bills have missed out on Sanders who was my #1 trade target due to reasonable cost. No way am I trading a 1st for a 31 year old AJ Green who has missed 7 games so far. I would offer a 3+5 for Green.

I would definitely offer a 2+5 for Diggs. Allen still needs one more legit top end target. Brown is a very good WR, Beasley is a solid #3 and beyond that we do not have much. Knox is a complimentary guy. Gore is almost done. Singletary is a tad undersized to be a 225+ carry a season player. Diggs could be that true franchise WR1. With how we are playing we are not going to be able to draft Shinault unless we traded up.

Without another top receiving option we are going to continue to see sub 300 yard and sub 4000 yard a season numbers from Allen. You want your franchise QB to be able to get 4000 yards and 25-30 pass TDs a season. As of now Allen is on pace for 3500 pass yards,19 pass TDs and 8 rush TDs. Those passing #s are Trubisky level numbers. Ryan tannehill circa mid 10s numbers. Not super bowl level franchise QB numbers. One more legit starting WR can change that. I am not an Allen hater. I have come around on the pick and I think he can be good enough for the Bills to be a playoff team as long as the D is top notch.

But what about in say 2 years when we can't afford all our D players and our D goes from top 5 to middle of the road. With an average D and without a superstar RB how can we expect to continually win 10+ games if our QB is throwing for 3500 yards and 19-20 pass tds a season? It just is not enough. With an elite defense Allens numbers are acceptable. Once the D is not elite we simply need a lot more production. And we have yet to see that Allen is capable of doing that outside of 1 game in his career. He has started 17 games and still has not had a 300 yard passing game. Hell he hasnt even had a 260 yard passing game. He has multiple pass TDs in 4 of his 17 starts. 1 game out of 17 with 3 pass TDs and 0 games with 4 pass TDs. I want my QB to be able to throw for 350 yards and 4 TDs if the game calls for it. Because if there is ever a game where the D fails us and we need Allen to match the opponents score for score that is just not possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Dog

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Murphy has negative value because of his contract. Sure, if he wasn't so overpaid you could get something but that's not the case. Yeldon is not any better than guys out there on the street right now.

Karlos Williams and Eddie Lacy are on the street.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Murphy has negative value because of his contract. Sure, if he wasn't so overpaid you could get something but that's not the case. Yeldon is not any better than guys out there on the street right now.
He has 1.5 years left, it is the perfect contract. A team can try him out this season and if it doesn't work cut him or if it does, them one additional year. He isn't signed to a 10 year deal here. If I needed pass rush help, I would easily move a 6th or 7th for someone that has graded out well this year.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
He has 1.5 years left, it is the perfect contract. A team can try him out this season and if it doesn't work cut him or if it does, them one additional year. He isn't signed to a 10 year deal here. If I needed pass rush help, I would easily move a 6th or 7th for someone that has graded out well this year.
Yup, but we ain't trading Murphy. He's good against the run and provides some pass rushing ability. Unless, of course, we get someone better. Even then, depth and versatility at DE is a nice thing to have.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Yup, but we ain't trading Murphy. He's good against the run and provides some pass rushing ability. Unless, of course, we get someone better. Even then, depth and versatility at DE is a nice thing to have.

Where is this "pass rushing ability"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad