Buffalo Bills 2019 Regular Season (6-2) - Next game @ Cleveland (2/6) on 11/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I know everyone is conceding the division to New England but man their offense is as meh as the Bills

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Just when you start dreaming of Brady slowing down the Patriots come up with one of the top defenses in the NFL.
Meh, defenses change from year to year. Great QBs are always great. This year’s patriots remind me of the Denver team Manning won a super bowl with. Brady’s last rodeo.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
When a defense forces 4 turnovers, that's what the score is supposed to look like. That week 1 D by the Bills was amazing.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-b...nderrated-safety-tandem-found-home-in-buffalo
how-the-nfls-most-underrated-safety-tandem-found-home-in-buffalo

So it sounds like McDermott was running things before Beane was hired. He made the final decision to sign Hyde and Poyer. I assumed Whaley still had final say, but it sounds like Whaley was just holding the seat with no real say at all.

Beane and McDermott seem to have a great eye for talent, and an understanding of how to maximize a players talent through their usage on the field and coaching.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Just when you start dreaming of Brady slowing down the Patriots come up with one of the top defenses in the NFL.
They look incredible, but it's worth noting the only good offense they've played all year was Pittsburgh. Other than that it's been Miami, Jets, Giants, Bills, and Washington. I'm eager to see how they hold up during their streak of Baltimore, Philly, Dallas, Houston, and Kansas City, weeks 9-14.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
No interest in Von Miller from me. This D is already lights out - they don't seem to need any big names to excel especially someone with question marks regarding scheme fit.

One guy I've seen talked about who I would like is Melvin Gordon. Assuming the trade cost & his contract demands aren't ridiculous I think he & Singletary Could be a great 1-2 punch for the foreseeable future.

Then use whatever picks it takes to grab that stud #1 receiver in the next draft.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Dawkins has been getting a ton of praise recently. It seems like he's developing well. He could still be come a good tackle in this league.

As for Melvin Gordon, I'm not sure he's worth it. He's going to demand a ton of money. He would be a great 1-2 punch with Singletary, but Gore and Singletary is a nice 1-2 punch for this year.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
No interest in Von Miller from me. This D is already lights out - they don't seem to need any big names to excel especially someone with question marks regarding scheme fit.

One guy I've seen talked about who I would like is Melvin Gordon. Assuming the trade cost & his contract demands aren't ridiculous I think he & Singletary Could be a great 1-2 punch for the foreseeable future.

Then use whatever picks it takes to grab that stud #1 receiver in the next draft.

Do not spend anything on RBs, that's rule number 1

Reactions: Husko

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Yeah, if you're dropping big money on a RB he'd better be a reliable gamebreaker, top-5 in the league type guy.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
They look incredible, but it's worth noting the only good offense they've played all year was Pittsburgh. Other than that it's been Miami, Jets, Giants, Bills, and Washington. I'm eager to see how they hold up during their streak of Baltimore, Philly, Dallas, Houston, and Kansas City, weeks 9-14.

Same can be said for the Bills whose offense has been much worse.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Allen is so close to becoming that guy, but he's not quite there yet. His first half against Tenn was nearly perfect, then he stunk it up in the 3rd quarter and once again came through in the clutch on the 4th quarter. 3 out of 4 quarters were really good. We just need him to put it together for 4.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Bye weeks used to awesome. The one week in a season you can guarantee the Bills won't lose.... Now I wish they were playing!

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Do not spend anything on RBs, that's rule number 1
I will say as a caveat, to the extend RBs are becoming more involved in passing games, perhaps that rule changes? Look at Kamara. He’s also their #1 receiver. Gotta think that warrants big money, the “don’t spend on RBs rule” notwithstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad