Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Downtown Buffalo tonight

1678749650983.gif

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Does SN talk about anything other than sports betting anymore. I like it as much as anybody I've done it plenty of time but JFC they are going overboard with it. I watched the pregame for like 5 minutes and they would not stfu about it. Guess I gotta wait until 7:30 but even then the NHL unlike every other sport says 7:30 but that's when they do the anthems and ceremonies not the actual start. So you never really know when they are actually starting.

Every other sport. If you say 7:30 the puck is being dropped at 7:30.

Reactions: kevsh

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I know they are trying to get him in some more games, but I’m surprised to see Matt Murray instead of Samsonov, considering how god-awful he was last game.

Buffalo always gives Toronto the fits, this may be another one where they are chasing the game most of the night.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
In a few years, when gambling on sports become a problem esp for kids, they will stop all these betting commercials and athletes will come out and say that it is their manager who forced them to make these commercials.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I hope Kerf can end his 20 game goalless drought* tonight

*not to be confused with his other 20 game stretch without a goal he had earlier in the season

Reactions: Macallan18

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
When we have a great game against a top opponent we tend to let our guard down the next game. It's natural in most sports. All that adrenaline leaving the body and mentally relieved doesn't allow them to keep their edge. Hope I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if we laid an egg.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
When we have a great game against a top opponent we tend to let our guard down the next game. It's natural in most sports. All that adrenaline leaving the body and mentally relieved doesn't allow them to keep their edge. Hope I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if we laid an egg.
Fortunately it wasn't against a top opponent, it was just the Oilers

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
You'd think with all that sports gambling ad revenue they are raking in now by covering their broadcast from post to post in gambling ads, features, lines and shameless plugs, Sportsnet could afford a talent upgrade.

More likely it just means the bosses are giving themselves bigger bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad