Pre-Game Talk: Buffalo at Leafs @ 7pm Sat Nov 19th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Nick Robertson had an outstanding camp and was cut due to his waiver eligibility but made his debut and looked in the NHL how he has in lower leagues. 2 goals including the OT game winner and many great defensive plays. Has a crazy high motor as well.

Where is the fantastic quotes coming from? Only thing close was he played fantastic in a game. Never once changed my opinion the entire time.

My mistake, it wasn't fantastic, but outstanding....while making great defensive plays with a crazy high motor.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Murray is in net? I’m sorry, you guys. Although he did accept a trade to you guys over Buffalo (understandably), so I have a feeling they’ll be more motivated tonight to beat the Leafs. I still expect a loss to extend the streak to 8.

But as an aside, who usually does the PBP? Is it still the annoying Jim Hughson?
Chris Cuthbert and Craig Simpson are usually the guys that do the Saturday night broadcast. I don't even know if Hughson still does broadcast work.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
i don't get why Kampf isn't playing higher up in the line up; he did pretty well 3C last season

they should be running

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Kerfoot-Kampf-Jonkrok/Engvall
ZAR-Holmberg/Engvall-Malgin

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Wouldn’t mind seeing a youth line like Steeves Holmberg and Robertson if they keep losing. Get some damn enthusiasm in the lineup. Engvall and Jarnkrok can sit.

On a side note, Sandin needs to remove his head from his ass.
I'm hoping to hit 40 with a full head of hair but i'm not sure watching Sandin will help me achieve that goal. ;)

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I mean those are two of our best Pkers that's why they are in the lineup not sure what is so hard to understand here

They're also absolutely garbage at everything else, not sure what is so hard to understand here

We need guys in the top 6 who can actually provide scoring, not a giraffe that doesn't use his size or Kerfoot who can't make a play or shoot for the life of him. They should be playing in the bottom 6 if they're going to be used as penalty killers.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
My mistake, it wasn't fantastic, but outstanding....while making great defensive plays with a crazy high motor.

Ah so you go to the main boards, grab a quote out of context of me arguing with main board trolls, and try and claim that invalidates everything else I said. Carry on then

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
They're also absolutely garbage at everything else, not sure what is so hard to understand here

We need guys in the top 6 who can actually provide scoring, not a giraffe that doesn't use his size or Kerfoot who can't make a play or shoot for the life of him. They should be playing in the bottom 6 if they're going to be used as penalty killers.

Right let's get more scoring, then we get rekt short handed, so lets add more scoring. Then before we know it, we are saying this team is garbage defensively and we need help there badly. So we move scoring....

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Right let's get more scoring, then we get rekt short handed, so lets add more scoring. Then before we know it, we are saying this team is garbage defensively and we need help there badly. So we move scoring....
"more scoring" Our scoring has been absolutely horrendous so far this year, the defense has been the strong point. Kerfoot doesn't belong anywhere near the top 6, there's lots of guys in the league that can PK and play a defensive game, scorers on cheap contracts are hard to find, Robertson needs to be in the lineup and in the top 6.

Kerfoot has been the weakest link in the top 6, he kills every play and cycle play. He can't shoot or pass and provides almost nothing offensively.

This should be all anyone needs to see to get him out of the top 6.

Reactions: supermann_98

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
"more scoring" Our scoring has been absolutely horrendous so far this year, the defense has been the strong point. Kerfoot doesn't belong anywhere near the top 6, there's lots of guys in the league that can PK and play a defensive game, scorers on cheap contracts are hard to find, Robertson needs to be in the lineup and in the top 6.

Kerfoot has been the weakest link in the top 6, he kills every play and cycle play. He can't shoot or pass and provides almost nothing offensively.

This should be all anyone needs to see to get him out of the top 6.

Why are you ranting to me about Kerfoot playing in the top 6? I agree with you, but he is an excellent 3rd liner and PKer and that is why he is in the lineup over a guy like Robertson who plays 30 seconds on PP2 and is massively a non factor 5v5.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Time for Engvall to sit and ponder life for a few games. As a proud supporter of his last year I’m shocked with how terrible he’s been this year without any hint of improvement the last couple games.

The way Engvall plays I think it’s just a job for him. Not going to squeeze any special emotion out of him no matter what you do.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
i don't get why Kampf isn't playing higher up in the line up; he did pretty well 3C last season

they should be running

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Kerfoot-Kampf-Jonkrok/Engvall
ZAR-Holmberg/Engvall-Malgin

kampf is the 3rd line, that line plays more than the holmberg/engvall line.
does it really matter how the lines are labeled ?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Robertson isn't good enough to play in the top 6. He's just not. At this point he still looks lost a lot of the time out there.

I would put Malgin in the top 6.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Robertson isn't good enough to play in the top 6. He's just not. At this point he still looks lost a lot of the time out there.

I would put Malgin in the top 6.
Can we really say that for sure after 50 minutes with Tavares/Nylander? Malgin didn't look so great with them either

Reactions: Smif
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad