Prospect Info: Arttu Ruotsalainen

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
A 1997 born player that finishes 9th in goals in the Finnish league does not have the potential to be a legit NHL'er.

42 points in 59 games in Finland would translate to <20 points in the NHL. We don't need more crappy players.

If a player doesn't have 200 points in their league than we arrogantly pass on them from now on.

Even if he only turns out to be a good AHL player it is more than worth it to keep the Amerks strong and help develop our young players.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I feel the same that I felt about Pilut, in that it is an absolute no-brainer, low risk of a decision, with a potential reward that far outweighs any possible reason to hesitate or shy away.

These kinds of signings make a difference and are so helpful in terms of lower cost options that could really help a winner.

Make it happen.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Does Nathan Gerbe sound like a somewhat accurate comparison? Small, fast, gritty, defensively sound with offensive skill. Ultimate limiting factor might be that his game is more suited for bottom six duties but he has top 6 size?

I'm very intrigued.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Similar Rumor that Sabres we’re also pursuing center C. Threpyo from Tatooine in the galactic desert league, but we’re mind-tricked into overlooking him and not placing him on their scouting reports.

Sabres rebuild has gone awry and been delayed. I wonder if Artuu has the Sabres blueprint for their future? Or, if someone will find a way to blow it up?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
How do you pronounce his name? Not only for Ray will this be a problem but for this board and spelling. We will need a short form way to spell his name.

Reactions: Sansbacon

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Similar Rumor that Sabres we’re also pursuing center C. Threpyo from Tatooine in the galactic desert league, but we’re mind-tricked into overlooking him and not placing him on their scouting reports.

Sabres rebuild has gone awry and been delayed. I wonder if Artuu has the Sabres blueprint for their future? Or, if someone will find a way to blow it up?

The Sabres have been looking for talent in Alderaan places and its blown up in our face.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
A 1997 born player that finishes 9th in goals in the Finnish league does not have the potential to be a legit NHL'er.

42 points in 59 games in Finland would translate to <20 points in the NHL. We don't need more crappy players.
Two years older, but more goals and similar point totals to Alexandre Texier that is making a big splash in Columbus.

Only 1 year older, but more goals and points than Eetu Luostarinen that is a prized Carolina prospect (2nd round selection).

Same age, but more goals and points than respected Blackhawks prospect Eetu Tuulola.

Unless you've got something to to back up your claim, I'm going to be optimistic about the young, free addition.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca

Wow! You make it sound like they should make a movie out of it.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Seems like it would be a pretty good get. Remember him only because of his name sounding similar to Risto's. Definitely seemed good enough to assume he had been drafted. Surprised he's a UFA but hopefully they get it done.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
The best thing about the Sabres potentially signing Ruotsalainen out of Finland is that that’s already how Rob Ray mispronounces Risto’s name
To be fair Ruotsalainen sounds/reads like someone just misspelled Risto so he might get it right

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad