Speculation: Buff Too Big?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I completely agree. It was the kind of move that you would expect from a PeeWee coach, not in the NHL.

Under normal circumstances, that might be true, but the idea of moving Buff to forward is far from a new one. Its been a pretty constant refrain of a fairly vocal contingent of the fanbase ever since the Jets got to wpg. He's played the position before. Buf is a unique situation and its not that crazy a move to make in his case...not that I think its the right move, but its not completely out of left field.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Under normal circumstances, that might be true, but the idea of moving Buff to forward is far from a new one. Its been a pretty constant refrain of a fairly vocal contingent of the fanbase ever since the Jets got to wpg. He's played the position before. Buf is a unique situation and its not that crazy a move to make in his case...

Ya but you forgot that there's a slew of evidence that other than a short stint Buff has been exceptionally better as a defensemen than a forward.
That short stint seemed like a hot streak that happens to lots of players. Buff just had a bit more luck in the timing than others due.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I edited the end of my post just as you posted Garret. I'm not making the case that its a good move, just that its not so far fetched as it would be under normal circumstances...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad