Injury Report: Buff injury

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If Buff doesn't come back during the season I definitely don't think they should add at TDL. They should accept that this is not their year.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
kulikov trouba
morrisey myers
steel chair pylon

?
i'd go niku-trouba instead

but yea pretty much

whichever way you arrange the 3rd pair it's going to be horrific. just limit their ice time during this stretch and hope for the best. it's too bad poolman is still injured

Reactions: 204hockey

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Y1SrJaE.png

I might be a tiny bit worried.

Reactions: Jets 31

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
It's a shame that the pool man isn't ready.

Given what we have, I'd do

Morrissey - Trouba
Kulikov - Myers
Niku - Chiarot

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Not playing Niku now is inexcusable.

You're losing the most talented offensive defenseman you have (not the most productive, though). Who do you replace him with, huh? The guy with literally zero points this year, or someone who has offensive tools and has produced points at lower levels of hockey?

Reactions: Naturaledge

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
All this guarded optimism goes out the window (yes, there is some word play there) should another key defenseman go down. Just because Buff got injured doesn't mean Morrissey or Trouba won't be injured during this stretch. Not trying to be a prophet of doom or anything, but these situations highlight Chevy's inability to draft and develop quality defensemen over the course of his time here. Only two of his picks have panned out to be NHL quality at this stage, and one of those has made it abundantly clear he wants to be elsewhere as soon as possible. That is unacceptable to me. I could also get into how poorly he has D&D'd centers and goalies but I don't want to stray too far OT.
Sounds like a prophet of doom to me.

Reactions: Naturaledge

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Not playing Niku now is inexcusable.

You're losing the most talented offensive defenseman you have (not the most productive, though). Who do you replace him with, huh? The guy with literally zero points this year, or someone who has offensive tools and has produced points at lower levels of hockey?

And what you get in offense from Niku is lost in his defensive abilities...kinda of a trade off no?

Reactions: 204hockey

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Trouba always seems to play better with big minutes. He and JoMo will be logging somewhere between 25 and 30 each game. Jets will be fine and it might be just the ticket to tighten up the “D”.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Trouba always seems to play better with big minutes. He and JoMo will be logging somewhere between 25 and 30 each game. Jets will be fine and it might be just the ticket to tighten up the “D”.

The only issue with cranking the minutes up like that is injury. The last time JoMo got his minutes cranked he went out for a few games, Trouba has struggled with injury in the past too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad