• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal

27-13-3 :pens v :sabres 11-25-7

We are 4-0 in the season series so far. Scored 17, conceded 4.

If the previous games are anything to go by we will either win by a shutout or win 5-2 :laugh:

Then again, this is the Pittsburgh Penguins so anything can happen.

Oh crap, it is a NBC game, holy hell. The mute button will be your friend :nod:

Line up

The top defensive pairing are both on decent runs, Tanger 7 points in the last 5, while Dumo is having a career high point streak that is up to 6 games. Hopefully it all continues.

Go Pens!

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I will be miffed if Sully goes with Lafferty over Zohorna again.

... this being Buffalo, I wish we could experiment and play Angello with ZAR and Blue, and put Erod with Zohorna and Janks.

Angello has been day to day with an injury...well, make that week to week now...

Last edited:

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Angello has been day to day with an injury...we’ll make that week to week now...

... ah, thanks. I hadn’t noticed. Just thought he’s gotten buried with a few guys back and Zohorna.
Kinda happy that it was an injury given how effective he had (quietly been).

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I will be miffed if Sully goes with Lafferty over Zohorna again.

... this being Buffalo, I wish we could experiment and play Angello with ZAR and Blue, and put Erod with Zohorna and Janks.

If we are talking experiments...Zohorna-Carter-Angello, like I saw someone post in a different thread.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
My prediction is that one of two things will happen tomorrow:

1-Zucker's line will be on fire and have a 3+ goal game.
2-Zucker will get zero points and be a minus-2, prompting more angry rants about him.

Reactions: wizmet12

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
So when the schedule was made, apparently NBC was like "We need a good draw for a nationally televised game on a Saturday afternoon in mid-April. I know - let's include Buffalo!"

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This is from a NBS Sports article on the Sabres...

So what has changed under Granato over the past 10-15 games that has prompted such a dramatic turnaround?
A lot of it might come down to the approach and some simple player usage.
For starters, while Krueger had the Sabres’ young players tied down in a defensive-minded system that demolished their creativity, Granato has turned the team loose and has put an emphasis on the team enjoying the way it plays. He said earlier this week that he loves offense and loves to “focus” on offense, while also saying this, via The Athletic (subscription required) regarding players improving their skill: “We know if we just play a system and you focus on trying to play that system, you’re really not improving your skill or your ability at the NHL level.”

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens have to get back on track. Buffalo is now playing with zero pressure and can just play. Pens blew an opportunity for a win Thursday and have to win to keep a chance of winning the division.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Pens have to get back on track. Buffalo is now playing with zero pressure and can just play. Pens blew an opportunity for a win Thursday and have to win to keep a chance of winning the division.
Pens have to win because Boston is winning now that Rask is back.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
725888d905a84dae2a75bbcb0540835cc7cadcfa.gifv

Flipping afternoon games....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad