Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Sabres sign Michael Houser (1 year, $750k, two-way)

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Houser was with Buffalo's AHL affiliate, Rochester.
Buffalo currently has 4 goalies out for a minimum of a week.
Houser very similarly signed a one deal with Buffalo last year, midseason, when they were in a goalie crunch, before not being qualified and returning to the AHL this offseason

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Nice of him to take time off from practicing medicine during a pandemic to tend goal for Buffalo. He really can do it all.

Reactions: Marshall

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
He was actually good aside from one game in which the team forgot how to hockey. I'd rather see him over Dell, tbh. Hopefully he shows he can play again and maybe get a look as a backup next year

member 334057

He was actually good aside from one game in which the team forgot how to hockey. I'd rather see him over Dell, tbh. Hopefully he shows he can play again and maybe get a look as a backup next year
If Houser is the back-up next year the team is going to be in some serious trouble. He played well in 3 of 4 games last year but that's an extremely small sample size as compared to a long history of mediocre AHL and ECHL performances.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
If Houser is the back-up next year the team is going to be in some serious trouble. He played well in 3 of 4 games last year but that's an extremely small sample size as compared to a long history of mediocre AHL and ECHL performances.
I don't think he will be the back-up in Buffalo. I do think if he plays 5-10 games this year and shows well he could earn a NHL contract next year on a team to be there 3rd goalie and compete in training camp. All of it is a long shot but it isn't unspeakable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad