Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Sabres sign Jack Quinn to ELC (3 years, $925k AAV)

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Nice. Guessing he will get 9 games in and stay up with the big squad for practicing/training if the no hitting OHL stays as is.

Reactions: hmc1987

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yikes, disagree with that one. Rossi and Perfetti look like studs.

Never got the hype with Perfetti. He's a Monahan/Reinhart-type. Likely a good NHL player. Very unlikely more than that, imo.
Rossi, I get, but I also know the Sabres weren't the only people watching the 67s and coming away thinking Quinn was the best player for that team. Time will tell.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Never got the hype with Perfetti. He's a Monahan/Reinhart-type. Likely a good NHL player. Very unlikely more than that, imo.
Rossi, I get, but I also know the Sabres weren't the only people watching the 67s and coming away thinking Quinn was the best player for that team. Time will tell.

You compare his ceiling to a perpetual 20-30 goal, 60-80 point centre and say you don't get the hype? Uhhh, okay. I'll take that player all day long.

Youre right though, time will tell.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Sabres were the only ones watching Quinn though. There's no way he had shown to be better than Rossi

I'm not sure what tangible or intangible people are seeing that leads them to believe Quinn will be a better player in the future. Can he ? Sure. But there's nothing Quinn has done up to this point in his career thats leads to that conclusion

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
you dont get the perfetti hype. 111 points points in your draft year primarily as a winger. buffalo over thought the pick.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
How do you figure that?

Monahan had 78 points in 58 games in his draft year.
In only 3 more games Perfetti had 111. That's nearly .5 ppg more

Last edited:

hockeyman1

Aug 21, 2020
Sabres were the only ones watching Quinn though. There's no way he had shown to be better than Rossi

I'm not sure what tangible or intangible people are seeing that leads them to believe Quinn will be a better player in the future. Can he ? Sure. But there's nothing Quinn has done up to this point in his career thats leads to that conclusion
Quinn has the better frame. He has at least the same kind of stickhandling and skating ability, not to mention his shot which is much better compared to Rossi. I see more growth potential in his skating too, he will be the more dynamic skater in a couple years imo.
I'm not that high on Rossi though.

It's a crapshoot anyway, so whatever.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Quinn has the better frame. He has at least the same kind of stickhandling and skating ability, not to mention his shot which is much better compared to Rossi. I see more growth potential in his skating too, he will be the more dynamic skater in a couple years imo.
I'm not that high on Rossi though.

It's a crapshoot anyway, so whatever.
Rossi only projects better if he improves his skating, if you dont buy that, I can see how Quinn is a better pick than Rossi, the problem is, skating is not that hard to improve, and Rossi has that work ethic in his game.... so for the most part, picking Quinn over Rossi at this juncture is still a head scratcher.

Reactions: Chainshot

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
People need to stop doubting Buffalo's drafting at 8th, he could easily be the next A.Nylander/Mittlestadt if he works hard.
Hah as much as that’s true I’m very high on Quinn, Sabres did well here. The kid knows how to fill the next and will for a lonnnng time

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
How do you figure that?

Monahan had 78 points in 58 games in his draft year.
In only 3 more games Perfetti had 111. That's nearly .5 ppg more

And Reinhart had 105 in 60. They're all forwards with good offensive IQ who are limited by a lack of natural athleticism.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I’ve watched a few of the Sabres doc series and Adams seems like a highly intelligent guy. I think Buffalo fans have a future to be excited about. Quinn might have gone higher than expected but he’s a top end prospect and would certainly fill a need. They have a solid top 6 for the first time in years. Cozens, Quinn etc wouldn’t be forced to the wolves

Reactions: billsandsabres

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad